Bodyguard (part 8)

Forth's P.O.V.

I was ready to confess my feelings to Beam. I just wanted this to be over. But Park and Lam convinced me not to. They said it wasn't worth getting rejected if I already knew he didn't feel the same. It's true though hearing it would absolutely crush me. So instead I decided to suck it up for this last few days. I haven't contacted him since yesterday since I haven't been in the mood to talk to him. He has sent like two text but I have ignored them not even reading them. But finally the time I was dreading arrived and it's almost lunch so I will see him again. Today was supposed to be my turn to get there early and buy food for us but I didn't I arrived a few minutes late. To my surprise Beam was sitting down at the table with two sets of food. I approached him and he smiled brightly when he saw me walking over. I looked away because my heart started beating faster.

"You're late! It was supposed to be your turn to buy lunch. For a second there I thought you were mad or something and weren't coming. I also texted you and didn't get an answer." He said kind of relieved I think.

"I was busy with Park and Lam." I replied vaguely and he nodded. Thankfully he started chatting away and I couldn't help but smile watching him talk about how he was teasing Kit this morning. I shook my head I need to stop thinking about him. I didn't talk much today but he did so there weren't many awkward silences. I think he noticed though that I was acting differently from my usual self. I walked him to class as I've been doing since someone wanted to fight him on the way a couple of weeks ago.

"So I will see you later? I get out of class at five today." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah I will be here." I said and he nodded before walking away. Yeah he definitely noticed something is wrong his mood changed. He wasn't cheerful anymore instead he seemed confused and lost in though.

I left going back to Park and Lam. I considered skipping class but I didn't want to be alone. Those assholes managed to cheer me up a little but time seemed to be going faster. In what felt like way too soon five o'clock was already approaching. I left to pick Beam up. Let's see where he wanted to go today. I arrived when he was walking out and he quickly walked over to me.

"Where are you going today?" I asked and he turned to look at me for a second.

"I was thinking we could go home? You know like we've been doing this past couple of weeks." He said and I sighed. This may come off as shocking but today I didn't want to sleep with him. I couldn't do it anymore. It was hurting too much.

"If you aren't going anywhere I will just take you home then and leave." I said starting to walk away to my bike but I managed to get a glimpse of his shocked face.

"Forth? Is there something wrong? Why are you acting so different." He asked following me.

"I'm not acting differently just doing my part of this bet. You do remember that after today we just have two days left before the month is up." I said turning to look at him for a second and just like before I couldn't read the expression on his face.

"Yeah, I definitely remember. You know what I am in the mood of going out. Let's go to the bar today." He said and I sighed. We are back to where we started again. I shouldn't be hurt all this time I've been reminding myself this was going to happen. Doesn't make it hurt any less though. I didn't say anything just nodded and continued walking. I drove to his apartment and left him there. He took a ride with Kit in the morning like always. I don't know why he has a car anymore but whatever. I drove home and changed too. When I was done I called Lam he's sure to be with Park.

"How did it go?" Was the first thing Lam said when he answered.

"Bad really bad. We are going to the bar today." I said.