Bad day (part 9)

Forth's P.O.V.

Shit. I am so mad right now. At Beam! At myself! At the situation! Honestly at everything. I shouldn't have let him close the goddamn door. I was so furious I could punch a wall right now. Instead I was pacing back and forth in front of the building. Damn it he was crying! He looked so hurt. I can't shake off the look on his face. But that wasn't my intention. He's just drunk. I didn't want him to do something he would regret later. That's all I was thinking about. I didn't realize at the moment how bad it looked when I pulled away. I sighed. I can't let him suffer all night because of this. He's there all alone and crying and it's all my fault. It's been like twenty minutes since everything happened and I couldn't bring myself to leave. How could I when it was my fault. Fuck it he will have to listen to me. I can't let this misunderstanding ruin everything between us. I walked back inside the building and headed towards his apartment. Being here while he was sick had advantages. I knew the code to enter his apartment. I would knock but I know right now he's not going to answer. I hesitated but in the end, I think it was for the best so I put in the code and enter his apartment. I carefully made my way to his room and I could hear him sniffling. It breaks my heart. He was curled up in the middle of the bed not looking at me. I knew he must have heard me come in. Either he knows its me or he doesn't care who it is. I don't know which one of the two scare me the most.

"Beam." I said softly. He didn't even move an inch. He knows it's me.

"Just leave Forth." he whispered it was barely audible but I heard him.

"I will if you want me to. But I want to explain please." I pleaded with him. I could hear him starting to cry again. He hid his face from my sight. I just wanted to comfort him.

"I'm sorry." He managed to say in between sobs. My heart couldn't take this. Knowing this is my fault hurts me. I walked to the bed climbing beside him. I gently turned him towards me. He let me but continued to cry. I hugged him close.

"Please stop crying. It's not what you think I promise." I said and he just grabbed my shirt pulling me closer if possible. I tried to comfort him by rubbing his back but it didn't work. It wasn't until I placed a kiss on his forehead that he froze and calmed down a little. I took the opportunity. "I promise it wasn't about the kiss. I could give you a thousand more if you want." I said and he finally turned to look at me shocked. It's not the moment but I thought he looked kind of cute looking at me confused with his big teary eyes and red nose.

"Then why...?" he didn't finish the sentence quickly looking away. I didn't want him to cry again so I didn't even hesitate before I started talking again.

"You are drunk. I didn't want you to do something you would regret in the morning. That's the only reason I pulled away. I never intended to hurt you." I said sincerely.

"I'm sorry I kissed you while drunk." He sniffled.

"I was only taken aback because you were drunk. Not because you kissed me. But I accept your apology. Are you feeling better now?" I asked and he nodded.

"I am I think." He said and I was glad he wasn't sobbing anymore. I let out a relieved sigh. It feels like we are finally getting somewhere.

"Good. I'm sorry for entering your apartment like that. I didn't want you to be hurt because of a misunderstanding." I said. I would do it again if I had to I thought but didn't say.

"It's ok." he said and I nodded. "Could you stay so I know this isn't a dream when I wake up?" he asked and I was relieved he wanted me to stay. It means he believed me.

"Of course. I'm not going anywhere." I said and he snuggled up to me.

"Thank you." He said and I just hummed caressing his hair. It wasn't long before he was asleep.

I on the other hand couldn't sleep. It was a lot for me to process. From the first day when I found him with his car broken, it's been a ride. I thought he would be aware of my feelings. If he thought about it I wouldn't have helped him if I didn't like him. Yeah, he was Phana's friend and so we were kind of acquainted because of that. But I don't normally go out of my way for anyone. That day I saw an opportunity to get close to him. Hell, I even spent the night with him. I remember telling him to never accept help from strangers and that he should call me. I thought I gave myself away with that one. It appears he didn't know. I'm glad he didn't go to bed crying because of me. I wouldn't forgive myself if that happened. Especially since he didn't have a reason too. If he kissed me any other time it would have been reprocicated. This was just a case of bad timing. At the moment it happened I didn't know how to handle the situation. I'm glad I managed to come to my senses and that he seemed to understand what happened. After a while of being lost in my thoughts, I turned to look at Beam. He was sleeping peacefully now next to me. I hadn't realized but he was holding onto a bit of my shirt sleeve. It made me smile. With that, I could finally fall asleep. I will stop overthinking. Whatever happens between us I will face it tomorrow.