Date (part 2)

Beam's P.O.V.

I spent the duration of my last class of the day thinking. Ultimately I came to the conclusion that if this idiot wants to sleep with me then why not? I've done worse for less and it would be for a good cause. Phana better not ask for any favors after this one. With that thought in mind, I headed straight to the engineering dorms. Turns out they aren't that far from the medical student's dorms. I was already past 5 so I made my way up to his room following his instructions. When I was in front of his door I took a deep breath before knocking. A minute passed and he didn't answer so I knocked again already annoyed. As expected no response. I rolled my eyes and contemplated leaving but then decided to check if the door was open. I curiously turned to the knob and it was open so I decided to let myself in. I walked in two steps and then closed the door. I looked around and everything was clean. In fact, it looked quite cozy. I saw a slightly open door which I guess is his room. I took my shoes off and then started walking towards it. The closer I got I saw him. He was lying in bed feet hanging off completely unaware. He was shirtless, eyes closed with headphones on. Fine, let's get this over quickly. I climbed up in bed straddling him which startled him. In one quick movement, he rolled me over. Now I was the one lying in bed and he was on top. He looked at me confused for a second.

"What the hell? Beam?" he asked confused.

"Yeah, why are you so confused?" he was expecting me no?

"The fuck! How wouldn't I be?" he asked.

"This is what you wanted no?" I asked now confused too.

"I thought I paid for a date, not a hooker?"

"It was 12,000 dollars and I'm a man. With your reputation what else was I supposed to think?"

"You know who I am?" He asked finally making some space between us. 

"Yeah? No? I don't know I stalked you a little after you paid 12,000 dollars for a date with me. Anyone would be curious." I shrugged and he nodded looking down.

"Yeah right. You don't owe me anything. You can leave if you want." he said leaving me more confused than when he was asking questions.

"Huh? You paid 12,000 dollars for nothing? Just out of the kindness of your heart. I don't believe that." I said dumbfounded. 

"Stop mentioning the 12,000 dollars." he said annoyed.

"No, because we are talking about this! You paid to go on a date. Then ghost me for a couple of days. Then you tell me to meet you here but it looks like you weren't expecting me. I'm so confused right now." I said. The more I thought about it the less sense it made.

"Just leave, I will tell Phana you fulfilled your end of the deal. Consider this the date." He said.

"I'm not leaving, this just doesn't make any sense to me. You need to explain yourself right now." I said and he sighed running a hand through his face. He then looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I didn't want you to go on a date with anyone else." he said and I could see he was telling the truth.

"What?" This is just an endless cycle of confusion.

"Stop asking questions and just leave Beam." he said but I couldn't move. What did he mean he didn't want me to go on a date with anybody else?

"I'm sorry but I can't. You answer one thing and leave me with a thousand more questions." I said and he sighed.

"Fine, What do you want to know?" he asked.

"Why didn't you want anyone to go on a date with me?"

"I think the answer to that is pretty clear." He said and I took a minute to process it.

"So you like me?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yeah." he said not looking at me in the eye.

"Do you even know who I am?" I asked. He says he likes me. Then he should know about my reputation too. Everyone knows me as the Casanova. It's impossible he doesn't know.

"Everyone knows who you are. I know what you're thinking too. I do know you like to sleep around. That, I get I also have one-night stands. It's the first thing I knew besides your name. But hearing you were going on a date. It just it seemed way more personal. Like that person could really have a chance to be with you. So I was willing to pay whatever not to see you go with anyone. You didn't even have to go on a date with me. I was just buying you a way out. You didn't seem like you wanted to be there so I just wanted to help." he said and I took a deep breath because I felt like I was running out of air. Never in a million years, I would've imagined this.

"Forth I, I don't even know what to say." This situation is just so bizarre.

"You don't have to say anything you can just leave." he said not looking at me in the eye and I couldn't help but laugh. That made him look at me confused.

"You know for someone who says that likes me you sure want me to leave." I said and he just smiled and looked down.

"It's kind of an awkward situation for me." he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Well its definitely unusual. But do you mind if I stay?" I said surprising the both of us. But for some reason, it just felt like the right thing to do.

"Of course you can." He said sitting down beside me.

"How come I had never seen you before?" I asked and he shrugged.

"You never noticed. Always focused on the girls. I have to tell you though. I'm a jealous person. I don't know if you noticed but girls have stopped approaching you because of me. Everyone is starting to notice my feelings, especially after paying for the date. If you don't know I have a reputation too." He said looking me in the eyes. Almost like a challenge.

"Oh, I know. I did my research. That's why I was intrigued." I said getting closer to him.

"You sure you know what you're doing? Take the out while you still can. I'm not going to offer forever." he said watching my every move closely.

"You can stop telling me to go. I'm not going anywhere." I said moving to straddle him as when I first entered the room. He put his hand around my waist pulling me closer.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." he said our heads now inches apart.

"Are you going to kiss me or not?" I said and finally, our lips touched. It was a slow kiss. He was enjoying it. I was testing the water. Ever since I entered the room I felt attracted to him. Which was unusual since I've never been attracted to a boy. But I liked it. When he pulled back I was a little disappointed. He stayed close our foreheads touching. His grip on me tightened and I noticed his eyes closed.

"I'm giving you one last out Beam. This is your last chance to leave. Because with you I don't want a hookup. Or a one-night stand. With you I want a serious relationship. I want to go on a real date, I want you to meet my parents, fight about the little things then makeup, I want a life with you Beam. So if you don't want that you should leave. Now." he said and hearing the pain in his voice when he asked me to leave broke my heart. I cupped his face with both my hands.

"Forth look at me." I said softly. He was hesitant but opened his eyes to look at me. "That sounds amazing." I said and he smiled.

"Really?" he asked and I nodded.

"I can't promise you forever but I'm going to try. I know you already have feelings. I need some time to get there. But I am attracted to you and I want to see where this goes." I said sincerely.

"That's all I'm asking for." he said before flipping me over so now I was laying in bed again with him on top. "Now where were we." he said and I just pulled him into another kiss.