Chasing you (part 3)

Forth's P.O.V.

I've been worried all day that Beam is not going to come. If he's here maybe I can figure out what's wrong with him. He could be willing to talk to me instead of Phana. At the very least I wanna make sure he is ok. I decided to keep it low key inviting just a few of my closest friends. At eight on the dot there was a knock on the door. When I opened it there stood Phana and Kit with Beam in the middle. They looked like his bodyguards. Probably to make sure he doesn't leave.

"Hey guys welcome in! It's been a while." I said moving so they could come in.

"Yeah why did we stop hanging out?" Asked Kit and I shrugged. I had a reason I don't know about everyone else though. I noticed Beam glanced at me when Kit asked which I found weird.

Once everyone was inside we settled on the living room. Park and Lam brought the drinks. I made my way to sit on the floor beside Beam.

"So are we drinking tonight? Or are we not in the mood?" I asked Beam who turned to look at me surprised.

"Are you serious?" He asked and I nodded.

"Of course I'm a man of my word." I said and he laughed.

"What if I say I'm not drinking but you can?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Doesn't matter it's either the two of us or none of us." I said and he shook his head but had a smile on his face.

"Fine, I was going to say I didn't want to drink just to bother you. But then we are both going to be bored not just you. Pass me a beer." He said and I rolled my eyes before doing as told.

"Cheers." I said handing him a bottle. He chuckled clinking his bottle with mine. We both started to drink. The first one I drank at a normal pace not wanting to look suspicious. Halfway through my second one I slowed down. My purpose today wasn't to get drunk nor getting Beam drunk. He seemed to be enjoying though so I didn't have the heart to pull him aside to ask him what's wrong.

As the night progressed though everyone was getting drunk. I haven't been able to get any answers. But Phana came to me and said this is the most normal he's been in a while. He was quieter than usual but other than that he was laughing and having fun like everyone else. Guess that's all that matters.

The first one to fall asleep drunk on the floor was Kit. The rest followed quickly. Making themselves comfortable enough where they were sitting and talking nonsense until they fell asleep. I was sitting on the couch with Beam but ended up on the floor to give him space if he fell sleepy too. I was the only one sober enough to stay awake. As predicted soon Beam rested himself on the couch feeling sleepy.

"Forth." He whispered putting his hand on my head running his fingers through my head.

"Hmm." I said softly urging him to continue.

"Thanks for tonight. I really needed it." He said and I turned to look at him and smiled. He was lying down on the couch looking at me. His hand that was on my hair fell to his side when I turned to look at him. Even drunk he looked perfect.

"I don't like seeing you sad. When I heard you weren't acting like yourself I got worried. If you need me you can just tell me. I'll be your drinking buddy, or your sober partner, your friend or anything you need. You just have to tell me and I'll be there for you ok? No more sad nights alone for you understand?" I said and Beam was just looking at me intently. His eyes even teared up a little.

"Why did you stop hanging out with me though?" He said softly. This time I was the one to break eye contact. How do I tell him I needed some space from him to heal my heart. I loved him and I knew it was impossible for him to love me back. But now I think I can handle it even if the feelings are there. As long as he is ok I am ok.

"We all got busy. That doesn't mean I stopped caring about you. Not even for one second." I said sincerely and he looked down.

"Forth I am going to do something right now. I hope that by tomorrow you'd have forgotten about it and if not I hope you pretend to ok?" He asked and I just looked at him confused. He sighed before grabbing my head with his two hands gently. Before I could process what was going on Beam's lips were on mine. I was to startled to respond the first time. So I went in for a second time and kissed him again. It was slow and we both were unsure of what we were doing but it felt right. When we separated I rested my forehead against his.

"Please don't say anything I don't want to hear it right now. But can you come over here and cuddle me?" He asked and I gulped before nodding. The couch was way too small for both of us so Beam basically ended on top of me. Not that I minded having him this close.

"Bee..." I started to say but he cut me off shaking his head.

"No, I don't want to talk about it. Can we just sleep." He said and I let out a sigh.

"Ok goodnight Bee." I said.

"Goodnight Forth." He whispered and that was the end.

I looked around and no one seems to be awake or aware of what just happened which I'm glad about. I let out a soft sigh. What does this mean? I guess it's better if we talk tomorrow though. We are not in the right state of mind. Even if I'm not drunk I've been drinking all night. And I know for a fact he is at the very least tipsy. So tomorrow we will go over this with a clear mind.

A.N.

I haven't felt this inspired in a while. I've missed sitting down and writing a chapter in one go without struggling. It's a relief because to be honest I almost quit Wattpad. This is my scape from the real world but suddenly the words weren't coming to me. I was struggling to find the right words or even imagine what I wanted to write next. It's like my inspiration had died down. Every time I had an idea and sat down to write it never came out how I wanted it to. But with this story I've been excited and motivated to update! Thank you all for you patience and waiting for me. I'm confident I am back for good now! But enough with the sob story! As always stay safe and I will see you guys on the next chapter. This story is just starting!