Chasing you (part 6)

Forth's P.O.V.

I've been coming to have lunch with Beam everyday of the week. Sometimes he's here and sometimes he's not. He always seems surprised when I come the day after he avoided me. But as I said. I'm not giving up on him. He is stubborn but I already know how he feels even if he doesn't want to admit it. I walked slowly to his usual table. He wasn't here yesterday so I'm assuming he will be here today. Either way he's not there right now so I proceeded to buy lunch for myself. I considered buying for Beam too but I didn't want it to go to waste if he decides to avoid me today. We are supposed to go to dinner and the movies too which he already agreed to but we will see. I sat down with my food and Beam still hasn't show up. I let out a sigh accepting he was probably not coming today either. I was surprised when he showed up and the first thing I saw was a pink lunchbox that had a ribbon neatly tied and a note. I slowly looked up from the lunchbox to him. I couldn't read his face. But his face was red and he looked kinda mad? Or annoyed? I don't know. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"What is that?" I asked watching him sat down. He avoided eye contact just sitting down grumpily.

"A lunchbox." He mumbled mad and I looked at him with a serious face.

"Beam." I said and he looked up surprised. I've been calling him bee all week.

"What?" He said not giving up anyway. Stubborn as always I just sighed. I won't beat around the bush anymore.

"That's obviously a gift from a girl. Did you accept her confession?" I asked with a serious tone. I was nervous. If he is with someone or accepts her confession I'm not getting in the middle of that.

"Why do you care?" He asked once again avoiding my question.

"I do care and if you accepted her I'm not coming back here again." I said and he was surprised his mouth hanging open for a second. I was surprised when he pushed it towards me. Is it from him? To me? It can't be. I looked at him confused.

"What? Weren't you so curious about it. My classmate saw us sitting together during the week and insisted I passed this up to you. So there you have it. Now you can leave with her she's in the table over in the corner from her friends watching." He said pushing the lunchbox towards me before standing up. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I just sat there frozen for a few seconds before standing up.

"Bee." I said walking over to where he was queuing for his food.

"Don't even Forth. I'm gonna get my food and you better be off the table with that lunchbox when I come back." He said sounding really mad.

"Beam come on." I said but he was ignoring me. I poked his shoulder and called him one more time but he didn't budge. I sighed returning to the table. I put the lunchbox aside looking around and glaring at the girl who gave it. She just put me in so much trouble. I was supposed to be the jealous one! Now I'm the one dealing with an angry Beam. He came back with some food and instead of sitting he started grabbing his bag and stuff he left on the table.

"Bee don't go! Come on!" I said but he didn't listen. "You know you could move to the moon and I will still follow you there so come on just sit down." I said and he huffed sitting down and started playing with his food.

"What do you want me to do? I can't just throw it away!" I said and that was probably the wrong thing to say.

"Why not? You are accepting the confession when I leave for class then?" He asked coldly and I gulped.

"No! But be reasonable Bee! I can't just throw it away. Do you want me to go over there and return it to her?" I said and he looked at me even more cold. Well shit.

"Yeah go do that and never come back." He said. I thought for a second.

"Then could you give it back? And tell her I'm not interested? Or whatever you want?" I asked and didn't say anything so I took it as a win. He didn't want to say it but he liked this idea. I smiled relieved. "Here take it. You can say whatever you want to her I don't mind. Just don't be mad anymore." I said and still without saying anything he took the lunchbox and placed it on his side. I let out a relieved sigh.

"You sure you don't want to give her a chance?" He said still talking a bit coldly.

"I'm a hundred percent sure." I said and he nodded going back to his food but I noticed a little smile on his face. Well as long as he is not mad anymore I am ok.

"So about tonight I will pick you up at seven is that ok with you?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He said.

"Gotta love you enthusiasm." I said and he glared at me.

"You don't deserve it today." He said and I laughed.

"You were the one to accept the lunchbox not me! You could have told her you couldn't. You knew I wasn't gonna accept it." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah and what excuse I was going to give her?" He asked and this time I rolled my eyes.

"I can think of a couple right now. But you would be too chicken to say them. Anyways you could've at least told him I wasn't available or that I already like someone. That would be the bare minimum." I said.

"Whatever I'm leaving for class. I guess I'll see you later." He said standing up and picking his things. I nodded checking the time. Between all the jealousy over the lunchbox we didn't realize the lunch hour was almost over. Beam turned around to leave and I noticed the lunchbox still on the table. As I was about to say something he turned back and quickly grabbed it before leaving. I couldn't help but laugh.

A.N.

I thought I posted this yesterday before going to sleep hahahaha. Anyways enjoy! I'll probably update tonight again as planned anyway.