Is it love? (Part 2)

Beam's P.O.V.

I woke up confused. It was weird waking up in this room it felt unfamiliar. I sighed rubbing my eyes. Today is going to be a hard day. I was surprised hearing a light knock on the door. It was almost unheard it must be him. I stood up taking quick steps towards the door and when I opened it I saw Forth standing in front looking at the floor. He gasped taking a step back when I opened the door.

"You knocked?... you never do that you usually just barge in." I said confused and he still wasn't looking at me in the eye.

"Everything is different now." He said turning to look at me for the first time. I was surprised when I saw the look on his face clearly. He didn't seem sad he was mad.

"I guess so, why did you knock then?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I figured we needed to talk but I didn't know if you would be willing to yet so I was just leaving." He said turning around but I grabbed his arm.

"No, let's talk." I said and he nodded walking inside the room. He just stood there awkwardly while I went and sat on the bed.

"Why are you just standing there?" I asked.

"I know you don't want to be close to me right now. Let's just talk and get this over with ok?" He said and I nodded confused. He was acting coldly to me which I wasn't used to.

"Ok then..." I said but I was cut off by him.

"Let's just go straight to the point. I don't want anyone asking me questions all week." He said and I nodded dumbfounded. "The extended family is arriving at lunch and they will be here for a week for the games. Let's just pretend nothing happens while they are here. Which means when we are eating or just together with the family we will try to act like always. Every chance we get we just leave like we always do just instead of going to my room together we will go our separate ways. In the games we will play together too there's no other way because we always done it if we stop it will be too suspicious. I want to win this year. After on of us wins the games will be over and most of the family will leave. After that we will stop pretending everything fine. Is that alright with you?" He said and it took me a minute to process it.

"I guess it is?" I said unsure and he nodded.

"Ok then I will knock on you door when it's time for lunch we have to go downstairs together like always." He said and turned around to leave.

"Forth!" I called him when he was about to open the door. He didn't even turn around just hummed.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked and he sighed.

"What do you think Beam? How should I be feeling if not mad? We have been friends for all of our lives. I knew you weren't going to love me back I have already come to terms with that years ago. But telling me I am crazy! That I can't have feelings for you! That I shouldn't have told you and you walking out after without letting me talk about it. That shit hurt Beam. I thought that after all we've been through I at least deserved better than that. I never intended on acting on my feelings for you. I was content just being your friend like always. I have never overstepped or crossed any lines. So yeah I am mad and I am hurt." He said and with that walked away closing the door.

"Shit." I said lying on my back on the bed. I defined fucked up. I don't even know what to do anymore. I was bored all morning until lunch. I didn't even came down for breakfast mom brought me some pancakes but I wasn't hungry. I could hear the commotion downstairs which means people are starting to arrive. Before anyone came looking for us I heard a knock on the door. When I opened it Forth was there.

"Let's go." He said walking away and I followed slowly.

"We'll look who finally came down, Forth and Beam glad to see you two together as always. I remember like it was yesterday you two running around the house in diapers and now you are all grown up." Said aunty Linda. Every year she says the same thing.

"Somethings never change." Responded Forth as always and I looked down. Mom quickly took the attention from us and we moved outside where the food was. There where a few tables around the backyard for all the family since there was a lot of people here. We sat down in a table with our mom, dads and a few other family members.

During the meal Forth was busy talking around with everyone. I suppose he did it so no one would notice we were currently not speaking to each other. I just quietly admired him feeling sad about our current situation. We had so many plans for this summer and now they are all ruined. Because of me? Because of his feelings? I don't even know. One things for certain everything would have been different if he hadn't said anything. I was surprised when Forth suddenly leaned against me. I was surprised having his face so close.

"Stop looking all sad and being so quiet. I already see a few people looking at us weirdly." He whispered.

"I can't help it." I said biting my lip.

"What do you want me to do then? Not eat so you're not uncomfortable?" He said.

"Is not that! I'm just lost in thought. Also like what you're doing is much better. You never engage in conversation with everyone that much. People would suspect if they don't see us talking." I replied.

"I'm doing the best I can I don't even want to be talking to you right now." He said and that hurt a lot.

"Whatever just eat so we can leave." I said taking a spoonful of mashed potatoes.

Finally lunch was over. We quickly stood up to go to our rooms. I was bored in my room all day. But it's better than this things are way too awkward for us right now. As we were almost to the door walking side by side someone called us.

"Beam! Forth! Leaving already? Stay out here for a while?" Said aunt Linda and we both sighed turning around.

"We're already done eating. Besides we are playing this new video game I recently bought right Beam?" Said Forth and I nodded.

"Yeah we want to finish it soon! Besides the games are starting soon so you will be seeing a lot of us." I said and she laughed.

"You two always in your own world. Go on then have fun!" She said and we both sighed relieved turning around. We walked upstairs and the first room was mine Forths was next to mine. I stood in front of my door and Forth just kept walking.

"Forth." I called him and he turned to look at me. "I don't like us fighting like this." I said softly.

"To be honest I don't know what to do Beam. I can't change the way I feel believe me I've tried. I know you don't like that but it is what it is." He said and I nodded.

"Do you think we can ever go back to the way we used to be?" I asked and he sighed.

"I don't think so, I'm tired of always having to hide my feelings for you and now it's probably going to be worst because I know you are going to overthink everything I do and I don't want you to be uncomfortable around me." He said and I felt myself tear up.

"I miss you. I don't want things to be like this. I just want us to be friends like we used to is that so hard?" I asked and he moved closer but still there was some space between us. He look hesitant for a second then turned around and entered his room. I stood there watching his door for a second then I heard someone coming so I entered my room. I hate this I thought leaning against the door. I wiped my tears while walking to the bed. Why does it have to be this way?

A.N.

I have so many ideas for this story! Hopefully it will turn how I want it to! I'm feeling really inspired and the ideas are flowing so I'm confident I will update regularly. No promises though hahaha because I keep disappearing but I will try not to! Might update again soon as in a couple of hours so look out for that! Anyway stay safe and I will see you all on the next chapter!