Bad day (part 5)

Beam's P.O.V.

The day seems to pass by quickly. I was worried about Forth but didn't want to bother him. I hope Park and Lam managed to get him to eat. If we were closer I would've stayed with him. But I think he still considers me a stranger. I got ready to go out but I wasn't even in the mood anymore. When we arrived at the bar I was surprised to see Park and Lam already there drinking. We went to sit down with them and I already had an uneasy feeling.

"Where's Forth?" asked Phana as soon as we sat down. I immediately looked at Park and Lam to find the answer. I was relieved Phana asked.

"He's probably sick." said Lam letting out a sigh. What does he mean probably? He is sick.

"Probably?" I asked.

"He didn't tell us but, we haven't seen or heard much from him for a couple of days now. He didn't show up to class and when we try to reach out to him, he just texts that he's okay but doesn't want to talk. We know him and he tends to isolate himself when he's feeling sick. It's like he's a little kid who doesn't want to admit that he's not feeling well. He always ends up calling us in the end. Either way, if he doesn't let us in we will break his door tomorrow morning to check on him." said Lam and that got me even more worried. He lied to me! He probably hasn't eaten anything in two days except for the couple of bites he had with me.

"Wow, I can't believe it. Why don't you just enter his dorm to check on him?" said Phana.

"He usually doesn't like people in his personal space. But when he's feeling under the weather, he becomes extra protective of it. He gets a bit grumpy and prefers to be left alone until he's feeling better. So yeah he doesn't let us in or check on him until he gives up and admits he needs help. We're already used to it. We told him you have two days to get better by yourself if it's not serious. After two days we are barging in whether you like it or not. He's usually better by the second day but this time we will probably have to get in by force to help him." said Lam and I could tell he was a little bit worried even if he didn't admit it. Hell, I was really worried.

"Wasn't expecting that from him. Let us know if you need any help handling him tomorrow." said Phana and they both nodded.

I on the other hand was worried sick. I saw him this afternoon and he didn't look well. Now I get why he wanted me to leave and lied. But still, I don't think he should be alone. I was lost in my own world contemplating what I should do about it. Seems like I was really lost in thought because Phana had to snap his fingers in front of my face for me to get back to reality.

"Huh." I said looking at all of them. They were all looking at me.

"You ok?" asked Phana and I nodded.

"Yeah, I think I'm leaving early I'm tired." I said and Phana nodded.

"I will take you home." said Phana about to stand up but I stopped him.

"It's ok I will take an Uber. We just got here. You guys enjoy." I said and left before he could reply. I should've brought my car. Whatever too late for that. I waited for the Uber in front of the bar. A couple of minutes later I was on my way to Forth's dorm. I tried texting him asking if he took the medicine but he didn't respond. I wasn't sure how he was going to take it but I will go to his dorm. The ride seemed eternal but I felt relieved when I got there. I walked up to his apartment and decided to knock but there was no answer. Getting even more worried I tried to see if it was unlocked which it wasn't. I looked at the keypad for a second. I remember laughing about his code. After a minute of thinking, I remember it was 9876. I quickly typed it in hoping it would open. I was relieved when it did. I hesitated for a second but still entered the apartment.