𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

post-it notes:
2007

I always found it kind of funny how you'd complain about me not getting enough sleep. Or how you'd nag at me for not looking after myself. Or how you'd pamper me like a mother caring for her child, but you'd never actually do any of those things for yourself.

You always came to class with dark circles under your eyes, from staying up late. Making sure all of your chores were done, looking after your siblings, and being overwhelmed with anxiety late into the night.

And, don't think I didn't notice, Chan─because I did.

You were always on my mind, whether little me wanted to admit it, or not.

And, because I had grown so concerned for your wellbeing, I had started dropping everything I did, just to put you first.

That may sound slightly unhealthy, (and, looking back on it now, it kind of was), but I just felt like I needed to return the favour.

You had done so much for me, in such a short period of knowing each other, and I wanted to reciprocate that...

For example: the anonymous lunch boxes.

All of those lunch boxes that were hidden under your desk everyday?

That was me.

I wanted to see you eat something.

I didn't like watching you starve yourself, day in, day out.

So I made sure to pack you a separate lunch box, every single morning.

It was kind of healing, in a way.

Knowing that I was doing something good for you. And that I was returning your kindness.

At some point, I even started writing little post-it notes to slip inside.

My favourite one, by far, is the one that said: I loaf you lots :)

It was a terrible pun, but at least it meant that I got to see your dimples.

I love it when you smile, Chan.

Hopefully I can be the one who causes it to happen more often...

# •°彡

i think i got a cold, lol

─jenni