2 𝘖𝘊𝘛𝘖𝘉𝘌𝘙 • 2016

"Babe! What are you looking at?"

Seungmin was just a tiny bit upset that his boyfriend had zoned out right in the middle of their conversation. Not that the conversation was particularly interesting, but it was still partly annoying that Sangkwan's full attention wasn't on what the brunette had to say.

This wasn't what usually happened, but Sangkwan had been acting strange recently, and it had been causing Seungmin to become increasingly more nervous and anxious, wondering what was going on, and whether or not it was to do with himself.

They were standing in the corner of the playground at lunch. Jisung and Felix were in their own little conversation a way away, but Seungmin had just popped over to say hi.

Sure, he had gotten a little carried away and had started to rant about how the way that Eunmi looked at Chan made him feel sick, but it was still a little bit disappointing that Sangkwan suddenly wasn't interested; staring off into outer space.

Seungmin poked his boyfriend in the side.

"Kwan. Are you listening?" He deadpanned, finally causing the aforementioned boy to raise his head in shock and focus his eyes back onto Seungmin.

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry. What are you on about?"

Seungmin sighed painfully.

"It's fine, there's no point repeating it..."

Usually, this was where Sangkwan would then say: 'No, no! I'm sorry! Start from the beginning, I'll listen, I promise.' But today, he just seemed to shrug nonchalantly.

"Okay. If you insist."

Seungmin almost didn't catch the subtle bubble of pain that rose from his chest.

"...okay." He said, small.

Sangkwan was then peering over Seungmin's shoulder again, staring concentratedly at something that the latter couldn't understand.

"Really though, Kwan. What are you so fixated on."

Sangkwan bobbed his head up in surprise again, emitting a small "Oh." before saying: "I'm just trying to figure out if that's that Eunmi girl you were talking about just now, over there."

Seungmin's head swivelled round at an astonishing speed to, surely enough, see Eunmi cuddling up to Chan on a school bench─the latter looking severely uninterested, quite clearly.

Seungmin scoffed, annoyed. "Yup. That's her. Gets on my nerves, she does."

Sangkwan giggled softly and gave his boyfriend a small pat on the head. "I could tell."

"Oh. So you were listening..." Seungmin gasped, his eyes going wide with joy.

"Of course I was! Who do you think I am?"

"I dunno... Just got a bit insecure, because you were zoning out." Seungmin pouted.

"Sorry, Seung. Just have a lot going on right now. My mind is a bit of a mess." Sangkwan shrugged.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Seungmin offered kindly, but the older shook his head in response.

"Nah. It's alright. I've got to go now anyway. You have a good rest of your day, yeah?" He waved, and before Seungmin could even say: "Okay! I'll call you later─" he was already halfway across the playground.

Seungmin sighed, defeated.

Seungmin was on the phone with Felix and Jisung, that evening: complaining.