17 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘊𝘏 • 2017

"No. You cannot be serious."

Sohlhee frowned at her younger brother that Friday morning, over her cereal, after Seungmin had just explained his whole history with Chan for some advice on what to do with his 'You wanna meet up?' situation.

"No, I am serious." Seungmin said, spinning his remaining flakes of cereal around in his milk.

"So he really called your old friendship pathetic? That's so rude!" She scoffed. "Why's he trying to be all 'buddy-buddy' now, then?"

"Well, I think it's because─"

"Who are we talking about?" Seungmin's mum came downstairs mid-conversation, going to grab a bottle of water from the fridge as she looked at her children (she was slowly starting to accept Sohlhee as her own daughter), curiously.

"Oh, this kid that Seungmin used to be friends with, apparently." Sohlhee said, and Seungmin glared at her for sharing their conversation.

"Kid that Seungmin used to be friends with...? Oh, what─ Chan?" Seungmin's mum gasped. "But isn't he still in Australia?"

Seungmin pulled a guilty look. "No... He came back to Korea last year─"

"─And you didn't tell me?!" She gasped again, feigning proper offense. "You should've invited him round!"

"No..." Seungmin simply stated.

"Why?" She frowned, sadly. "He used to be so nice."

"Yeah, used to." Sohlhee laughed. "Apparently he ignored Seungmin, for a whole year, straight after he came back."

"Oh no..." Seungmin's mum threw a solemn look in her child's direction. "Well, I'd love to stand and gossip, but I have to get to work." She said. "And you two need to leave in a quarter of an hour, so I'd better get moving, if I were you."

Seungmin's head shot up and he glanced at the time. "Crap, you're right. I'm gonna go and brush my teeth. See you later, mother!"

Seungmin's mum laughed as she watched her son scramble up the stairs, and Sohlhee just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, have a good day at work." She smiled softly.

Seungmin's mum returned the smile. "Thanks. Love you. Have fun at school today."

"I'll try." Sohlhee giggled. "Love you too, mother."

Seungmin was too tired to properly walk to his class, that morning, so he just let Felix and Jisung drag him through the school hallways like he was being thrown into a prison cell.

Other students gave him weird looks because of how distorted his ankles looked, being twisted against the floor, but Seungmin couldn't care less. He was too tired to give a shit.

On their way to the Science building, the three of them talked randomly, eventually being joined by Minho and Changbin, who were also headed in the same direction.

Since Seungmin and Changbin had Chemistry together (as a lesson), when the group split to go to their different classes, the two of them trudged down the corridor, with Seungmin holding onto Changbin's bag strap, as to not get lost in the sea of teens.

The tactic seemed pretty solid, because the two of them arrived outside of Chemistry, not separated, and still blabbering about random things that had happened in the past week.

Seungmin was ranting to Changbin about his confusion with Chan, but made sure to keep the latter anonymous, as to not get any biased feedback. He had already complained to Sohlhee about it earlier, but it was still nice to get some second opinion.