𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

二十五

pure excitement:
2015

I had always been the kind of person to talk myself down from very obvious things, as to not give myself even an ounce of false hope.

That was very much how I was with Sangkwan.

Our tutoring dates were going really well, and the more I talked to him, the more I fell for him too. It went from being just an observational first crush, to an in-depth love for the boy.

But, even if I felt like I was deeply in love, I would tell myself that he never felt the same. That he was as straight as a light pole. That he would shame me if I ever asked him out.

So it came as quite an honest surprise when he texted me one Tuesday evening─the night after one of our tutoring sessions.

He had gotten my number on our second date, for any information needed to be passed between the two of us, and so, when I saw his first text to me that night:

──────────────────
sangkwan <3
hey :)
──────────────────

I initially thought it was just another, 'you really helped me out tonight' sort of text.

But I was completely wrong.

It went a little something like this:

──────────────────
sangkwan <3
there's something i'd really like to tell you, but i don't know how you'll react, so bare with me...

okay...

what's wrong?

sangkwan <3
you've helped me out a lot with your tutoring recently, and i really owe it all to you for how happy you've been making me feel at this new school. plus, getting to know you has been really fun these past few weeks, and it's made me realise how much i started to like you.

so, my question is...

would you want to go out with me?
──────────────────

I genuinely wanted to cry in that moment, I was so happy. Sangkwan asked me out!

Of course I said yes: who wouldn't? And we immediately set up our next date─this time not for tutoring.

Man, I was buzzing, I was so excited. I knew I immediately had to tell Jisung and Felix, so I told them the next day. They were super happy for me.

I also happened to find out that Hyunjin and Jeongin had also started dating! But that's a whole other story.

We had a mini celebration at lunch that day, and my date was later that afternoon.

Sangkwan and I got hot chocolates at the nearest cafè, and it was absolute bliss.

I couldn't have asked for anything better.

# •°

greetings my unsuspecting readers :)

tis jenni, the world's most confusing author ever /hj

christmas in this story might actually sync up with christmas in real life, and that is very exciting to me, so you know i'm gonna plan something special (wink)

also, i only have one more exam tomorrow, and then i've survived my first set of mocks! go me!

i've probably only done well on my english exams, to be honest, but hey
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ there's always the february mocks lol

─jen