𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

september again:
2008

We've rolled right back round to where it all started.

New Year, New Me.

Or, perhaps I should say: New Us.

That beautiful day, on the 14th of July, 2007─where we rekindled our friendship─marks a special place in my heart.

Because, the beautiful moments that followed it, are ones I certainly can't forget.

Let me detail them to you...

We spent almost the entirety of summer vacation together.

Either you would be round my house, from the early sunrise to late into the evening. Or we would go to the park and chat, and you would push me on the swings, and then we would go and buy ice-cream with the scraps of money I had scrounged together from all of the little hidden places underneath my bed.

And then we went to that summer camp together, for one of the six weeks, and we made smores, and we sat round a camp fire, and we did rowing, and rock-climbing, and canoeing.

Except, we stuck to each other the entire time, because we were both too insecure to make any new friends, and we knew we would be happy on our own, anyway.

It was nice...

I miss when we were kids.

But then, September rolled right back round again, and we had to go back to school.

Year 4; a slow year during my primary school days, but a year where I got to learn more about you:

'Chan'.

A family-orientated, music-loving sportsman, with a heart of gold but a stubborn mindset, which turned out to be your weakest trait.

You were too stubborn to cry; to let anything out.

You kept it locked inside of you, aching to get out.

Eventually you told me, but that was weeks after we had started the new year.

Because, after all, it was only September again, and we had a lot more to come.

# •°彡

uh... ive only prewritten up to the next chapter, and ive been going through a lot of writer's block recently so im currently very

s t r e s s e d

─jen