23 𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 • 2015

"Seungmin! Hi! You made it!"

Seungmin smiled at the optimistic Jisung before him, and then nodded with an awkward laugh as he looked down at his snow-covered boots.

"Yeah, barely."

Usually, it would've taken roughly ten minutes to walk to Jisung's, but because of the heaps of snow everywhere, it took twenty. And now, Seungmin was stood on Jisung's doorstep with cold ears, cold hands, and soggy boots, but still ready for the evening ahead.

Jisung's closest friends─Seungmin and Felix─had been specially invited round his house way earlier than the other guests, so that they could help put up decorations. Seungmin had been smart about this and had arrived in clothes that would have been easy to stretch and move in, however, upon looking at Jisung's formal attire, the brunette was feeling a little under-dressed.

Good thing he brought a change of clothes.

Seungmin decided to jokingly point this out as Jisung let him into the warm house.

"Who are you trying to impress this evening?" He giggled, pointing up and down at the boy's casual suit.

This caused Jisung to blush violently as he hurriedly tried to do a button up on his shirt, which was originally exposing a bit too much of his collarbone area.

"No one..." He replied, but Seungmin knew exactly who, and now he was even more looking forward to this party.

"Anyways." The brunette laughed, waving off his friend's futile attempt at covering his blushing face. "Are we gonna wait until Felix arrives, or should I start helping to put decorations up now?"

Seungmin pointed over to the decorations box, which was in the centre of Jisung's living room, and the two boys walked over to it, to see what was inside, and what they could work with first.

"Um. You could possibly start by putting the tinsel up around the ceiling, since you're the tallest out of us. But I still have a step-ladder if you need it." Jisung smiled, pulling the said item out of the box and handing it to the brunette.

Seungmin giggled at this, saying: "Thanks, Ji." and took the tinsel carefully in his hands. He always hated how scratchy the material of it felt, but the shiny turquoise colour was enticing, and he felt obliged to crinkle it with his fingers, making himself bubble with even more excitement.

"Okay. You start putting that up then, and I'll start with getting the music and lights set up. Deal?" Jisung proposed.

"Deal." Seungmin replied, his game face taking over his expression, as the two of them hurriedly set off to work.

Obviously, halfway through their Christmas-spirited labour, Felix showed up. His face was red and beaming, and he had two great big boxes of Christmas themed treats stacked inside of them, causing Jisung to squeal with excitement.

It was now Felix's job to organise the treats to look pretty in the kitchen, and make individual hot chocolates for each guest, which they could help themselves to, if wanted.

Of course, both Felix and Seungmin still didn't know who the surprise guests were, but with the amount of hot chocolates Felix had to pour, the two were playing a rapid guessing game of who the other guests were.

They both knew there would be:
Felix & Seungmin. That's two.
Sangkwan, because he was Seungmin's plus-one. That makes three.
Obviously, Jisung himself. That's four.
And, Hyunjin & Jeongin. That's six.

So... If Felix had to pour out eight glasses... Who were the other two?

It was just up to waiting until they showed up, to find out.