14 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘊𝘏 • 2017

"You like what you see?"

Seungmin was regretting moving to sit next to Chan, in Chemistry.

He had gone from sitting behind Chan, to moving beside him, because the latter's shoulders were so wide that Seungmin just could not see the board.

But now, Chan was─as per usual─taking his blazer off, which meant that Seungmin─as per usual─was accidentally staring, and this now gave Chan a gateway to tease his seatmate about it.

"If you wanna look at me that badly, you should just take a picture. It'll be a blessing to your camera roll, I'm sure." Chan smiled mockingly, puffing his chest out as if he were about to pose for a 'gym gains' photo.

"Oh, get over yourself. It's early in the morning and I'm tired. I just zoned out." Seungmin groaned, trying hard to keep his focus on his teacher.

"Do you always zone out on pretty boys' biceps?"

"Well... I wouldn't call you pretty."

Seungmin lied, but he could see on Chan's face that he had only taken it as another right to tease; making an 'ooh' noise, and saying: "Would you call be handsome, instead?" as he leaned in towards the brunette─invading his personal bubble.

"Why are you so close to me─"

"Chill, I'm only trying to see your notes." Chan smiled, knowing perfectly well that what he was doing was throwing the younger off─as evident by the blush dusted across his face.

"No, you imbecile, get the notes yourself." Seungmin hissed, pushing Chan away with his hand, by pressing hard onto his shoulder.

Damn, his shoulder was muscular... Well that certainly didn't help the blush on his face.

Luckily though, Seungmin was distracted by someone throwing a pen at his back.

He whipped his head around, ready to yell at the person, but quickly recovered from anger when he saw an apologetic smile from Changbin.

"Sorry." He whispered. "Just wanted your attention. Do you have the notes?"

"Yeah, of course." Seungmin smiled, passing his book carefully over to the other, before Changbin took it gently.

"Thanks. It's because the slide moved on too quickly. I didn't catch it all, in time." He said, and then began jotting down all the key information.

"Oh, that's fine." Seungmin reassured, turning back around to focus again on the front of the classroom, but was met with a 'what the fuck?' look from Chan.

"So why does he get the notes, but I don't?" Chan raised an eyebrow.

"Because Changbin's my friend." Seungmin said, as if stating the obvious.

"And I'm not?" Chan replied, mimicking Seungmin's tone.

"Well yeah. At least Changbin wasn't the one who ignored me for a whole year after coming back from Australia, and then spread nasty things about our old friendship." Seungmin retorted, not really realising what he had said was a bit too unfiltered and raw before he saw Chan's expression.

A pained, guilty expression...

A melancholy silence fell over the two of them before Chan tried to speak again.

"Ye-Yeah, about that─"

"Forget it. I shouldn't have brought it up. The past is the past, I guess." Seungmin sighed.

"No─it's fine─I just─"

"Chan! If you're gonna keep talking in my class, I don't want you in here. So either stop chatting, or go outside." Their Chemistry teacher cut him off, glaring at him passive-aggressively as she waited for Chan to respond.