13 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘊𝘏 • 2017

"Can I steal one of your fries, there, Seung?" Felix whispered gently, as he subtly tried to point at the cardboard cup of French fries sitting in front of Seungmin.

"Yeah, go ahead. Just don't chew too loudly." Seungmin pushed the cup closer towards Felix, who pulled out a long floppy one and threw it into his mouth.

"Thanks." He whispered again.

The three friends were at a table in the back of the school library, at lunch. They weren't really supposed to be eating in the library, so that was why they had to be as quiet as possible, as to not get kicked out by the librarian, who sat, hunched over her desk by the entrance, looking like the personified version of Roz from Monster's Inc.

Jisung was busy skimming through Science textbooks in the bookshelf next to their table, and leaned over to whisper at Seungmin: "Can you throw me a fry too?" as he pointed towards his mouth.

Seungmin giggled, doing what he was asked of as he picked up a fry and hurled it in Jisung's direction. Amazingly; just like a sea lion's performance at the zoo, Jisung caught the fry perfectly in his mouth, before returning to his book skimming.

Felix clapped quietly. "Impressive."

"Thanks. I'm pretty good with my mouth."

"Eww, you made it gross." Felix gagged.

"Sorry." Jisung laughed quietly. "Got Minho on the brain."

"I am going to scream."

"Please don't."

As the two of them squabbled, Seungmin flicked quietly through his History book, underlining key dates, and then defining them on a separate notepad.

He had been mainly focused on the three sciences all week, for his upcoming end-of-year exams, but he realised he needed a bit of practice on some other subjects too.

Luckily, his Food-tech and Drama exams were already over─they happened earlier that month─so now he could pay more attention to his core subject exams that he wasn't so good at. These were mainly History and Science.

Somehow, he had gotten so lost in his revision that he almost missed the school bell ringing to signal the end of lunch.

He stood up in a panic and threw all of his books into his rucksack, before letting Felix and Jisung split his fries between themselves.

The two of them had Korean Literature, that afternoon, whereas, unfortunately for Seungmin, he had PE.

So, just like how Felix and Jisung split the fries, the trio split ways down the corridor, with Seungmin speed-walking off to the Sports Hall, and the chaotic duo taking a leisurely stroll to the languages building.

The boys' PE changing rooms always smelt like a disgusting mix between extreme body odour, and powerful aftershave, and Seungmin always felt himself going to hold his breath, every time he entered it.

"God, it's always so gross in here." Minho had the same thoughts, as the two entered through the open door and immediately beelined straight towards the benches in the corner. It was the spot they always claimed.

PE was a mandatory subject at school, and Seungmin despised it─but only because most of the boys in his year out-voted him for football*, which he was never very good at. Seungmin would choose baseball over football, any day.

Plus, he never really had anyone to talk to during the 2 hour session, since his only friend in their PE group was Minho, and Minho took PE for one of his exam subjects, which meant that they were never actually in the same lesson.

for you: to you ✰ chanminजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें