𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

十四

something new:
2008

I think you'd recognise the name 'Lee Felix', right?

He was the cute freckled kid in the same year as us, and, to me, the literal human embodiment of sunshine.

That's why it really surprised me to find out that he only had one friend.

Despite his friendly attitude towards everyone, his only friend was Han Jisung who, completely logically, became best friends with Felix because they wore the same shoes on the first day.

It was kind of cute, actually.

They were inseparable, which meant that it wouldn't necessarily be a problem for them to squeeze me into their bubble, since I wouldn't take up too much space.

However, they did keep asking me why I decided to stick to them so suddenly. I don't blame them though. They'd seen me hanging around with you, since day one, and were quite confused as to why I had suddenly stopped. So I told them.

Not everything though. Just the bit about Sunny, which was enough for them to welcome me in. They didn't really like Sunny either, Jisung said. And Felix told me that she used to pick on him when they were five. So it seemed like this was a reoccurring thing, and I now knew that if I wanted to complain about the girl, I always had a place I could go to.

I felt like I settled in rather easily. They tended to sit underneath the gazebo on the playground during lunch, claiming it as their own personal spot, just like you and I with the willow tree.

I saw a lot of similarities between us and them throughout my time in their bubble. They always stuck together, always kept to their adorable routine, and never found it awkward if they ever wanted to sit peacefully and in silence; just enjoying each other's presence.

I found the atmosphere very familiar, and I was enjoying it a lot. A slight difference, though, would obviously be that Jisung and Felix, as a duo, were incredibly chaotic: dragging me about to places, and jokingly bickering over me like two toddlers fighting over a teddy bear.

It was nice that they were including me, but I sort of missed the serenity that I left behind with you. Only for a bit at least, until I completely warmed up to them. It was hard not to love them, despite their youthful recklessness.

In fact, I had warmed up to them so much that I had completely forgotten about why I was there in the first place. I had even forgotten to tell you why I had shifted over to hanging out with them.

And I think it took you about three weeks to realise that I might not be coming back, and so that's how we got to the 26th of October, with you confronting me about why I left.

Huh.

Felt oddly familiar.

# •°

if there's a confrontation in this story, then you know what that meansss 👀

✨story time✨

(next week, obviously)

─jen