𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

十七

right here:
2009

Who would I be without you, Chan?

I'd have little to no friends, I'd be shy and vulnerable, and I'd be lonely.

I feel like we were meant to be friends.

Every time we pull apart, I'm always undeniably drawn back to you.

The summer of 2008 was no different to the one we had shared in 2007, and all of our time together helped us grow closer.

I felt like you were helping me discover who I was as a person. And, slowly over the two whole years that we had known each other, you were helping me come out of my shell.

At least a little.

You told me that I helped you do the same.

You were able to talk to your busy parents more often, you had taught your siblings to do a few little things on their own, so that you wouldn't have to stress yourself trying to parent them every day, and you were also able to enjoy more of the things that you actually loved doing, because you loved doing them, not because an adult had made you do them.

It was nice seeing you become your own little person. It hardly felt like we were kids anymore, and more like two tiny adults, going up against the big scary world.

Although, of course, we were still kids, we just happened to be in Year 5 at school, and for some reason that made us feel powerful.

We rocked up at the school gates after the summer, towering over the Year 4's and 3's, and linking arms like we were inseparable.

I had a feeling that I was going to enjoy Year 5.

I had you! And, even though we had our arguments, I was looking forward to never getting bored of seeing your face.

Seeing you every day was like a reward.

Except, good things never last long.

Do they?

# •°

can't believe no one's noticed the 'SEVENTEEN RIGHT HERE' reference in this chapter

jen