7 𝘚𝘌𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 • 2015

"And why on earth are you still writing letters to him? I thought I told you to stop thinking about him, for goodness sake!"

Jisung had always been quite an overprotective friend, but with the new school year starting, Seungmin moving into Year Ten, and both boys stepping up to the age of teenage maturity (fifteen), Jisung seemed to have shifted into practically becoming Seungmin's in-school mother.

He was peering over the brunette's shoulder, eyes meticulously following every stroke that Seungmin's pencil lay down on paper. Multiple times, the words 'do you hate me?' had been carefully written, and then carelessly scribbled out, as a significant representation of Seungmin's mental torment, sitting in his Maths class that morning.

The morning in question was cold and misty.

Typically in the very start of the September month, one would expect grey skies paired with the humidity of August. However, on this (not so) fine day, Seungmin had found himself walking to school shrouded in a translucent fog, and shivering from the skin-prickling frosty air.

September had only recently become his least favourite month, but this weather was already deepening that dislike.

The Maths lesson that day was revision on the Volume of Pyramids, but nothing seemed to be sinking into Seungmin's brain. He was unfocused. Distant. And it took Jisung snatching the pencil out of his hand to draw him back to reality.

"I think you need to stop writing to Chan. It's becoming obsessive at this point, and I'm getting worried about it, Seung." Jisung scolded, tapping the end of the pencil on the table to make a point of it.

Seungmin slowly turned to look at Jisung with as much energy as he could muster, which wasn't very much. "I can't help it." He said with a wounded sigh.

Jisung frowned at this response, and his pencil tapping stopped. "Is it something you're willing to talk about?" He placed the pencil down in front of Seungmin, to which the brunette carefully picked it back up and placed it gently behind his ear.

"Not really. Not yet at least." He murmured.

"That's fine. That's cool." Jisung nodded, hesitant in whether to give his dear friend a little pat on the shoulder for comfort, but ultimately decided not to, in case it made the other too overwhelmed. "But you know we're always here if you need to talk, right? Right, Felix?"

"Huh?" Felix turned around from the seat in front, pulling a grotesque puzzled face where his nose was scrunched up and his eyebrows were warped to conjure up an obscured look of confusion, making Jisung stifle back a laugh.

"I was just trying to tell Seungmin that we're always here if he wants to talk, and I was trying to get you to agree." Jisung responded.

"Ohhh..." Felix drawled in realisation, then replaced his expression with one of compassion. "Yeah! We're always here for you, Seung!" He beamed.

Seungmin was very grateful. He always had been for his friends. Where would he be without them? Probably dead by now.

They always had his back no matter what, and he could always trust them with anything. He just struggled to actually allow himself to be open with other people, and he always somehow found an excuse to keep his concerns buried deep within him. It was a bad habit that had only arisen over the past few years, but was also too stubborn to go away. And his friends were aware of that.

"So anyways." Jisung started up with a new topic, now that Felix was involved in the conversation, "I heard a few people saying that someone new was joining the school this week. Apparently they're doing a tour of the campus today, so we might see them outside our classroom. Isn't that fun?"

Felix gasped dramatically, and then started letting his eyes dart about the room, to see if he could spot any unfamiliar faces, frowning when he found none.

He turned back around to face Jisung and Seungmin. "Do we know their name?" He asked, hopeful.

"Don't think so." Jisung hummed. "But apparently he is a he."

"Ooh! I really hope he's hot." Felix gasped again, clasping a hand over his mouth after he realised what he'd said out loud.

"You already drool over Seo Changbin daily, I don't think you need another hot man to fawn over." Jisung scoffed.

"Yeah, well you say that as if you don't immediately get on your hands and knees whenever Lee Minho looks at you, even for a second, you bottom." Felix retorted, sticking out his tongue.

"Excuse me! I am not a bottom!" Jisung retaliated in defence.

"Uh-huh." Felix pointed a look towards the other, with a smirk on his face, "And I am definitely paying attention to this Maths lesson right now."

Seungmin sat between the two, feeling neutral about the situation. He didn't really care that someone new was joining. It didn't really involve him, so he had no interest in it, and he was way behind on Maths work due to when he had zoned out earlier, so he was trying to catch up, abandoning the idea of a new student at back of his mind.

It had been roughly a quarter of an hour, and Felix had just gotten told off for turning around and talking when Seungmin's wrist had begun to hurt from so much writing, so he laid his pencil to rest, just for a second, as he went to take a sip of his water.

Looking to his side, out the window, as he took considerable sips from his bottle, it was still as miserable of a morning as ever, and Seungmin was still deeply despising it. But, what suddenly made him sit up straight, in high-alert, on the edge of his seat, were three familiar figures. He put his bottle down in shock.

There was the school's Head Teacher, stood proudly at the school gates as if he were a fancy car salesman.

There was a tall woman beside him, with a very familiar-looking dainty face, who clasped her hands together before her, politely, and had her hair slicked back into a neat doughnut bun.

And then, there was the boy beside her. The boy who had abandoned Seungmin six whole years ago. He stood slouched, and buried in a hoodie, with a look that sent shivers down Seungmin's spine.

There he was, dressed from head-to-toe in black, looking not as friendly as Seungmin once remembered him to be, but tough and scary, and as if he could kill someone.

There he was, in all of his glory─or rather as if he had just emerged from one of Seungmin's nightmares, for better reference: Bang Christopher Chan.

Seungmin felt like he could crumble.

# •°

do i even need to apologise for not updating last week? i do it so often at this point that i'm sure it's just become the norm.

anywayss

chan's back :)

in person :)

he's mysterious now :)

next chapter will be what you're probably all familiar with.

lemme give you a teaser real quick:

十九

out of character:
2015

see you next week :)

(hopefully)

jen