𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

三十一

building nerves:
2016

Although having Sohlhee around the house was nice, and I was glad that I now had a caring sibling in my life, it was also still stressful having to mold that life around the new people in my once-familiar environment.

And, since I was already pretty stressed about this year being the start of my exams, with mocks and revision piled on top of each other, not to mention heaps of homework already─sometimes it was just a bit too much.

So, I had to find someone to rely on.

Back in the day, it would have been Chan. And, if he wasn't such an asshole to me last year, I would have maybe tried to talk it out with him. But, since that option wasn't available, I decided to take my worries to Sangkwan: the best boyfriend I could have asked for.

Well... Sort of.

Things had gotten a little... mellow after my sixteenth birthday party. I didn't have time to open his second present because I was prioritising trying to accommodate Sohlhee, so the present and the card got pushed into the back of my mind.

I felt bad about it though, and I called Sangkwan that evening to open them both on a video chat with him, but apparently that wasn't enough, and he was pretty sulky about it over text.

At the time, I thought he was just feeling worried for me, and was sad that I couldn't enjoy my birthday, but looking back on it now, it feels like he was just making it all about himself.

Which is... Kind of disappointing.

But even so, he was my best option.

Sangkwan had already done the exams that I was preparing for, so I knew he had the best advice I could get. And he did give good advice─we planned study dates where he was my tutor; the reverse of how we started dating.

Except, these study dates were our downfall as a couple.

Let me explain to you, why... It's to do with the new student who joined at the start of the year.

# •°

lol

jen