4 Elements

This is an AU that was bobbing around in my head for about a week. This is sort of a Avatar the last Airbender AU. The rules are slightly different though. Grian is the Avatar but he won't die of age or injury (unless it's an injury where his heart stops); he can only die if the Light spirit is dead. This might turn into a book but IDK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Xelqua! Focus! You are being tested tomorrow!" My mentor tried to grab my attention, "Just because you stopped a 500 year war when you were 5 doesn't mean you don't have to learn anymore!" He continued. He finally got my attention and handed me a piece of cloth. I sighed and rapped it around my my eyes. My vision turned black. I took off my shoes and made a step forward. We stared to duel. I ducked and avoided the boulders that came my way. At one point I heard water join the battle along with air and fire. After about five minutes, I came out to be victorious. I didn't even have to use my bending to defeat them.

"Why do I have to do this if you know you are going to loose?" I questioned. I took of the cloth and as I did so I narrowly avoided a boulder that was coming my way from behind.

"I told you many times already, practise."

"I can defeat you with my eyes closed without using magic. Why do I need to practise?"

"Because we are not the only challenges you will be facing. You will have to fight armies if the watchers attack again. And no, you can't rely on the Avatar state this time. Your brain needs to adjust into the world before you can do it again or their might be serious problems." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't you dare roll you eyes at me! You might have the body of a 20 year old but you still have the mind of a child!"

"Say thanks to the Avatar state for that-"

"You are dismissed." He interrupted me. He was clearly annoyed by me, which isn't him to blame. When you into the Avatar state, it's more like a deep sleep. I was in it for nine years! So, it's not surprising that I act really immature for my age. I mean I'm supposed to act like 20 year old but I act like an 11 year old. Anyway, I have to get some rest, tomorrow I will leave this academy and will travel the world! Though they said that I am travelling the world to learn all the types of magic. So I guess the End and the Nether will be the most I visit. This will take a lot of time just to get there, not to mention I would have to find the Woodland Mansion to learn from the illagers. Learning Watcher and Fae magic will take equally if not longer to learn and Nether magic will take about 1 year to master. Even when I go free, I'm not free.

I fall into my bed and instantly fall asleep.