when the past kills the future

ok, so, I had this idea bobbing in my head for a few days now and now it's coming to life! yes, this is another Grian x SBI angst (I'M SORRY I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH). at this point I just make a separate book with Grian x SBI-

Also, i have a question for yall: which chapters do you want me to do a re write of? I'm gonna be re writing my old chapters (every chapter except mini stories and side-chapters that don't really count as a proper one-shot)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*many years ago*

Footsteps echoed in the forest. The green leaves swayed in the soft breeze, the sun was beaming down at them through the grey clouds up head. The grass did a pleasant crunching noise beneath their feet, the berry-bushes rustled as the wind blew past them.

A man wearing a green robe with a stripped bucket hat strolled through forest. The man had void-black wings resting on his back and a locket on his neck. His leather boots and emotionless face would be a mystery to everyone; did something trouble him, or was it just his wrinkles? No one knows.  He was walking side-by-side with a boy, who looked no older than 10. The boy had dirty-blonde hair, brilliant blue eyes, and a pair of developing parrot wings on his back. They walked in silence, just listening to the sounds of the forest. 

They both came to a halt as they approached a familiar setting; a great lake that reflected the grey sky. The water was crystal-clear and fish were happily swimming in the cool water. The boy ran off, laughing cheerfully as he came close to the water and tried to catch the fish, wetting the sleeves of his red sweater.

The older takes in a deep breath, checking his golden wrist watch. "***** come over here" The boy turned around, a confused yet curios expression on his face. the boy came over to him, grinning sheepishly as the man examined the boy's smooth face. "is everything ok?" the boys eyes filled with worry as he saw his father tearing up. The boy came in for a hug, but he pushed him away, standing up.

The man looked over behind the boy. Two vast and majestic beings with black and white wings stood behind them. Knowing that he doesn't have much time, the man kneeled down to eye-level with the boy, tears starting to fall down his face. "*****, I'm sorry, but this is for the greater good." The old man turned towards the beings. They nodded, a bright light of purple magic lit up the area, and it was gone. Just as quickly as it came.

Without saying one word, the man took off, leaving ***** behind. Before the boy could spread his wings, he felt two hands being placed on his shoulder. The place suddenly changed to something that he never think he would see. It was a plain land, the void surrounding him, encroaching upon his mind. There was a magnificent building made out of blocks he never even thought of! He was surrounded by the unknown.

It was the first time he was truly alone.

He turned around to look at the looming death that were the Beings, cowering in fear. Tears were threatening to spill out of his eyes, but he couldn't let himself show weakness. Father would want him to stay strong! Dad doesn't want to see him cry! Dad will take him back!

The boy puffed up his chest and spread out his wings so that he could seem bigger and more threatening, but the other two were left unhinged. The boy then took a shaky breath, which didn't help at all, and spoke in the most menacing voice he could muster. "w-who are you and- and w-w-what d-do you want from m-me?!"

the first Being walked around him, examining him. " ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒲᔑリ ⊣ᔑ⍊ᒷ ⚍ᓭ ᔑ ⊣𝙹𝙹↸ ↸𝙹ꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 !¡ꖎᔑ|| ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑"