It was never meant to be

This is "Finish the show, Father" pt.2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~events of November 16th, 2020 (if you know, you know)~

His hand was hovering over the button.

He could do this right them and there.

The buttons right there....

Wilbur's hand was shaking, havering over the button, "if I'm ever going to press it, it's now." he wasn't speaking to anyone in particular.

A smile appeared on his face, but it quickly faded away, "THE THING THAT I BUILT THIS NATION FOR DOESN'T EVEN EXSIST ANYMORE" He slammed his hand onto the wall.

so close... just one press and it will be over.

"The thing i worked towards, doesn't exist anymore." he took a deep breath, "it's over..."

"What are you doing...?" there was a voice from behind him.

"Dad?" Wilbur asked, looking confused as to why his father was there, only to be greeted by nothingness.

"What are you doing." Phil was more serious than ever before.

"Dad, where are you?" Wilbur was looking around. 'am I hallucinating?' he thought to himself.

Just then, the man himself appeared before Wilbur. His father was pale in the face, even more paler than usual, his eyes had a pained expression in them.

"dad, I can explain" Wilbur took a deep breath, "do- do you know what this button is?" Wilbur looked back at the cursed object. Phil hesitated before replying, "y-yeah. I-I do..." he had even more pain in his eyes, if that was even possible.

Wilbur decided to ignore that, "h-have you heard the song- the song on the walls?" he motioned to the lyrics that were scrapped on the surface of the bunker, "have you heard the song?" a smile, creeping upon his face again, "i was just- i was just making a point. That there WAS a special place, but there isn't anymore..." he had a glint in his eye that Phil wished to never see again.

"it-it is there....you just won it back Wil..." Phil's voice was just above a whisper. Wilbur snapped.

"DAD, I'M ALWAYS SO CLOSE TO PRESSING THIS BUTTON, DAD. I-I'VE BEEN HERE SEVEN OR EIGHT TIMES ALREADY" Wilbur turned around to the exit were Phil has appeared from. 

He quickly blocked it off.

"Dad, I've been here so many times...." there were screams, sounds of people fighting, rockets being launched into the sky, "they're fighting....their fighting...."

"and you want to just blow it all up?" Phil's voice was shaky, 'notagainnotagainnotagain' he thought to himself.

Wil's eyes turned crazy, "yeah, I-I think I do..."

"you fought so hard to gain this back....so hard..." Phil had a plead in his voice. "I don't think this works anymore dad." Wilbur confessed, his smile growing larger, "i'm not even sure that the button works anymore. I could just press it.." he reached his hand out to reach the button, brushing it lightly over it's surface.

"do you really wanna take that risk?" Phil covered up the pain with a slight chuckle, "there is a lot of tnt, potentially connected to that button." he laughed again, tears threatening to come out of his eyes. He wanted to scream, he wanted to shout, he wanted to drag Wilbur away from this place as far as possible.

He didn't want it to happen again...

"dad, there was a saying, there was a saying, dad. By a traitor" Wilbur looked at the button, eyes going mad, smile wider than ever before,

"it was never meant to be......"

he pressed the button.

Tnt exploaded, screams of agony and pain, fighting. Everyone looked at Phil and Wilbur.

Wilbur looked so pleased; he was finally free, he was finally free. These people were free.

This nightmare was over, and there was one thing left to do....

Wilbur took a deep sigh, "WILL! IT'S ALL GONE!" he father was in shock, tears were desperately trying to escape his eyes.

"MY L'MANBURG, DAD! MY L'MANBURG!" Wil screamed, cheering as if he won the lottery. A smile was becoming even more crazier than before, "MY UNFINISHED SYMPHONY!" wWilbur started to climb down to see the ruins, people were looking shocked in the face, "FOREVER UNFINISHED! IF I CAN'T HAVE THIS, THEN NO ONE CAN!" Phil had tears running down his face, he knew what was coming next.

"dad, kill me. dad kill me. Phil, kill me." he handed him the sword, "Phil stab me with this sword, murder me." Wilbur was all crazy in the eyes. Phil was just looking at the sword, unwanted memories walking back into his mind, "kill, kill me. Killza, killza, killza. Murder me. Look, they all want you to kill me" Wilbur gestures at the people who are staring at them.  All of the bad memories are back, there were screams, loads of them. He saw his eldest son's face.

it was an exact replica of Wilbur's.

"your- your my SON!" Phil screamed, even more tears going down his face. 

Everyone was staring.

"LOOK! LOOK! SO MUCH WORK WENT INTO THIS! AND NOW IT'S GONE!" Wilbur looks at the chaos he's made, "do it Phil. Do it" phil once again heard that it was multiple people speaking to him.

He clutched the sword into in his hand.

One swing

Two swing

Three swing

and it was all over....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------