Father in the shadows

A/N: Phil and Grian are NOT brothers in this one. They are just very close friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laughter echoed through the village as two winged boys ran through it. A man was angrily yelling into their direction, though too lazy to chase the thief.

"Todays gonna be a feast mate!" The taller boy in green and white robes shouted as they came to a holt in front of a tree house. He wore a locket on his neck that had 'Philza' written on it. They both spread their wings and flew high up into the air, landing perfectly on the small platform in front of the house.

"yea! Good job at distracting him! We got loads today!" The shorter, and a little younger, said. He had strawberry blond hair and was wearing a stripped bucket hat. This boy's name was Grian.

Both of them ate in comfortable silence, finishing a few pieces of bread before storing the rest away for later. The older was about to get out of the house when the shorter grabbed his hand. He looked down at the guy, a questioning look in his eyes.

"do you- do you think that we'll still stay by each others side even when we grow up?" Grian asked, uncertain of whether or not he should've said it out loud.

Phil took off his locket and out it in the palms of the other, "Let's give each other a promise, that we'll always be together no matter what" Grian's eye fell upon the locket and he took off his stripped bucket hat.

"promise" They both said, giving each other the gifts.

~fast forward many years~

The two kept their promises' to each other. They stayed by each other's side no matter what; when Grian and Phil married to two beautiful women, when Grian had his son born, when Phil had his first and the second son. Phil became Technoblade's, Grian's son, God Father and so did Grian for Phil's children.

They stayed by each other's side, but now was a different matter.

The city was under attack of the Watchers. Purple flames danced around everywhere, destroying everything in it's path.

"PHIL!" the strawberry blond was caring a 4-year-old piglin hybrid in his arms, "take the children and leave! Take Techno and your kids and get as far away from here as possible!" There was another blast in the distance.

"but-but-" Phil couldn't speak from the shock.

"No buts Phil! There isn't time to waist!" Grian handed the child to Phil, "Raise him as your own. Please Phil! For me!" With hesitation, Phil nodded.

"I really don't like the idea of leaving you here." Phil started to spread his wings, "please promise me you'll come back"

"promise" Grian said, and disappeared into the mist of flames.

That was the last time Phil ever saw his childhood best friend.

~in the present~

Too many years had passed to count since the Watcher attack. Phil kept his promise to his friend and raised Techno like his own, Techno even thought that Phil was his real father. Phil didn't know how to tell Techno that he isn't his son and that his real Father might be dead. Even his others sons, Wilbur and Tommy, thought that Techno was blood to them.

Phil was sitting on the couch, holding the green and white stripped bucket hat. He was lost deep inside his mind, debating whether or not he should be telling Techno and that's when he heard a knock on the door.

Well, more like banning at the door if you ask him-

Phil went over to the door, setting the bucket hat back on his head as he opened it. A man with majestic black wings stood before him, leaning on the door way with one hand and the other was used to pressure a deep gash in his stomach.

His face was covered in blood, deep gashes at the side and his left wing was bent at an odd angle. He had blood coming out of his mouth and nose.

"oh Jesus Christ-" Phil started as he helped the man, making sure that he wouldn't put him in more pain than he already was, "TECHNO! WILBUR! TOMMY! Get over here! I need your help and bring healing supplies!" Phil yelled, hoping that the boys heard him.

First to appear was Tommy, breathing hard from going so fast. He was holding some bandages and quickly realised that this wasn't enough. Soon, Wilbur crashed into Tommy, holding some golden carrots and apples. Techno came down last, holding healing and regeneration potions.

Phil set the man on the couch, lifting his blooded sweater up to bandage the wound. Tommy passed Techno bandages and he drained them in the potions to make the effect stronger. They soon found out that the man passed out.

There was something hanging on his neck though-

~mini time skip brought to you by my lazy a$$~

POV: Grian

"Is this guy a child?"

"Is he dead?"

"I hope he isn't an orphan-"

"TECHNO!"

Techno? I heard fait voices in the blackness of my mind. Every inch of my body hurts, it even hurts to breath.

"Techno, give him the regen and healing potions" A faintly familiar voice told Techno.

'Techno? TECHNO?!'I jolted awake. Sitting straight up, my head jolting around. A pink-haired man stepped back in surprise.

"whoa whoa whoa" he said in a monotone voice, "clam down I won't hurt you" Techno said.

I looked at him, not believing how much he's grown. his vibrant blue eyes, long pink hair, a royal attire was on him. I looked around and noticed another three people. One wore a yellow sweater, had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, this is probably Wilbur. The other kid had blond messy hair, red and white t-shirt and sea-bluw eyes.

They were just like-

"Phil?" My voice was dry and quiet. I looked over to the oldest man; he had a green and white stripped bucket hat, the robes were matching his hat too, his eyes looked tired but yet full of energy.

he stared at me, "you're-" he couldn't get the right words out, "how are you alive" He came up to me and engulfed me into a hug. Wilbur, Tommy and Techno had a questioning look on their faces.

"Dad, who is this?" Techno asked, I winced on the inside. Phil let go of me.

i looked at them, then to Phil, "I um- I'm Phil's childhood best friend and your's God Father" I indicated to Wilbur and Tommy. I looked over at Techno, debating on what I was about to say.

After a moment of silence, i spoke up again, "I'm your God Father and..." I took a deep breath

"and Technoblade's dad"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yooooo gonna leave it a cliffhanger but if u want a part to i will gladly write it!