Sober up (AU part 3.5)

summary of the previous part: The events are happening 4 years after Grian escaped the watchers. He had a flashback from before the time when he was taken by the Watchers and what genuinely happened is that the watchers burned his home server and the all of his friends are dead (no, this isn't EVO sorry to disappoint you guys). Only Mumbo was able to escape (he was the only member of the server to escape the watchers grip) and he was taken in by Xisuma with the other hermits in season two. At the end, Grian finally got his revenge and kills the Head Watcher (and all of the Watchers in general), blows the whole thing up and goes back in living to his hermit (no pun intended) lifestyle.

Sorry there was no updates for a bit. I have no excuse, I was probably lazy or just scared because I am realising how much better this would be if it was an animatic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello hello

Grian sat at the table of his secrete bunker,  staring the little memory he had from his naive past captured in a small photograph; it was a young boy in a red sweater and a raven-haired boy, who wore the school uniform. The little picture, which was the size of a grown-man's palm, was really old; probably made over 14 years ago. And yet, nothing was damaged over the years (this may or may not be because he kept it safe from the Watchers).

He still couldn't believe that he finally escaped the hell-hole he was trapped in for 10 really, really long years. Grian (who had many scars scattered along his face as in a mark of his suffers) had finally done it, he had killed the head Watcher! He was so done with them! He was done with life in general. He didn't want to be here any second longer. but....

"I'm not where I'm supposed to be" he said to himself, "I hope that you're missing me" if you were watching him from the side, you'd he's gone mad from boredom, but he was actually saying all this to a figure he longingly wished he could see again (the little boy in the photo).

He wore a suit (maybe it was his school uniform, Grian couldn't remember now). The man in the photo was smiling with his glistening white teeth. Behind the boy stood another figure, a figure that Grian wanted to return too; a figure that was innocent, pure, and full of hope, someone that was only worried about keeping the little boy's toothy grin forever.

Someone that used to be him.

'Cause it makes me feel young. 

He wanted to be the innocent little child, worrying only about his friend's and his little brother.

But that man was long-gone, replaced by a monster, by a killing machine, by a cold-blooded murderer that commits mass murder only because he felt like it.

his stomach twisted in disgust.

There was a sudden knock on the door, which make Grian stand up quickly and pull out his weapon. He slowly approached the dark and battered wooden door and opened it, taking out a poised dagger and loading his crossbow in the process.

The door slowly creaked open to reveal something......something he'd never believe it if he hadn't seen it for himself.

There was a sound of braking china, as the crossbow and knife fell out off his hands and clashed on the cold endstone flood.

Grian POV

"Hello, hello" the being said calmly. My heart skips a beat, it is him.

He's just like I remember him, his dirty blonde hair, sea-blue eyes that were filled with life and joy, the red sweater that was full of life.

"Last time that I saw your face" I started, I reached my hand to.....to try and see if he's real, to make sure, to be sure it's not just an image that's lost in my brain.