Open up your eyes (last life)

Another sad chapter. This is actually a double chapter and the second won't be a song fic.

----------------------------------------------------------
Btw the first one is how I would imagine how the events came around from when Grian turned red.

And as you take that first step,

And arrow was shot into his shoulder. He tripped over and started falling.
Down, down, down.
"MUMBO!!!!" He screamed for help, reaching out his arm but he new very well, that he was going to fall for his demise.

Upon a path that's all your own.

He closed his eyes, waiting to hit the ground. The seconds lasted like hours, it was painful, the waiting of hitting the ground. Tears started to flow from his eyes, they fell right after him.
10 blocks away.
5 blocks away.
This will soon be his demise. Just a few more seconds.....

<Grian hit the ground>

When Grian next woke up, he was lying in bed in his secret bunker. The tears had dried out.
'Please be a bad dream, please be a bad dream...' he pleaded as he scrolled up the sleeve of his red jumper.
Last Life.
He took a shaky breath as he closed his eyes. There was a strange feeling of something, something he never thought that he would experience this early.

You see it all so clearly,

The desire to kill, see his enemy in pain. See his foes look at him in fear as he slits their throat in half.

The best way to survive is all alone.

He opened his eyes again. An insane smile grew on his face, his usually blue eyes had now a tint of red in them. He exited the bunker, having saved a few resources in his chests. He was ready, ready to kill.

He entered the nether to get his 'good stuff' back. It was all in the chest but then there was a small note there ass well. It read,
'Here is your stuff, please don't hurt me. -Mumbo'
"So naive..." Grian said allowed, his smile only growing more insane and bigger. He started to climb up the stairs.

Open up your eyes!

"Grian, please don't hurt me..." mumbo said, his voice was a little bit shaky. Grian laughed to himself. There it was, the fear that he always wanted when people looked at him.
"Mumbo, you know there is a way for us to be friends...." He said innocently.
"Really? How?" Mumbo asked like a child. He was really falling into the trap.
Grian took out his pickaxe in his off-hand and stretched out his right, "you can join me." He said in a calm tone.

See the world from were I stand!

Mumbo was shocked, he didn't know what to do.

"your mad...." Mumbo whispered, as Grian started braking blocks around him.

"We can still be friends Mumbo! We can still be friends!" He was shouting, tears were almost rolling down his eyes. Mumbo secretly managed to call for help and soon, all of the southerners were surrounding their used-to-be fellow comrade.

"Be amongst the mighty!" He shouted at them, though they all new to who it really was directed to. Mumbo slightly paled at the tone of voice his 'friend' was using.

'has he completely lost his marbles?' Mumbo questioned.

"You c-AHA-ged at out comm-AHA-nd!" Impulse and Matin shouted back.

"Open up your eyes!" Grian sang, he was now choking on tears, "we can still be friends Mumbo, you can still join me!" Grian was going completely mad. He was crying and laughing at the fact that his own friends were scared of him, after all, this is all he wanted. Right?

"And behold the fading light..." Mumbo said, coming up to Grian, who was now sobbing into his arms.

"it's time to grow up, and get wise." Grian half-sang, half-sobbed it out.

"Come now little one." Mumbo said, tugging at his friend so that he would stand up. However, he didn't even move.

A huge smile went across his face. He tugged out a dagger out of his sleeve and struck right into Mumbo's heart.

"Open up your eyes." Grian said calmly whilst staring into Mumbo's soul.

<MumboJumbo was killed by Grian using THE SECRET BOOGIE BLADE>

"A wise woman once said, act like an innocent flower but be the serpent under it." (if you get the reference and write it in the comments then I will tag you in the next chapter but play it fair no google used)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is happening in a different time line. The previous story has nothing to do with this

"ALL THAT STUFF IS EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!!!" Mumbo clashed his sword against Grian's shield, "WHEN YOU CHANGE, YOU CHANGE FOR THE BETTER! WHER I CHANGE, I CHANGE FOR THE WORST!!!!!" Grian's eyes widen as Mumbo clashed his sword again and again to brake his shield. He had tears running down his face, "I USED TO BE JUST NO GOOD ENOUGH! JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH! NOT GOOD ENOUGH FRO YOU PEOPLE!!! BUT NOW... BUT NOW....." He banged many more times on Grian's shield. Mumbo was full on sobbing at this point and Grian shield was about to be broken.

Then, suddenly, the banning stopped. Mumbo dropped his sword and Grian's eyes were now full off worry. He looked from his shield and saw that Mumbo was huddled into a small ball. Grian cautiously stepped towards his friend.

"You actually liked me, didn't you?" He managed to say. Grian's eyes widened as he realised what was going on, "what am I doing?"

"Mumbo, it's ok."

"Why do I want to hurt you so bad?"

"Mumbo, I understand how you are feeling. Rage takes over and you don't even know what is right or wrong." He embraced his friend in a hug, "but you are my everything. Remember that."

"I'm supposed to be your friend." Mumbo started sobbing again, "I just wanna be your friend" Grian hugged Mumbo tighter when an idea went swiftly into his mind.

"I'll join you." Mumbo looked up at him, confusion seen in his red eyes, "Mumbo, kill me and we will be friends." Mumbo was hesitant and Gri saw that.

"You arae not doing this by your own will, I asked you to." Grian reassured his red friend, "we will be friends, not that we are now, we can be friends Mumbo! On the same team!" Mumbo nodded hesitantly.

Grian took off his gear and settled his respawn, "only don't take any of my stuff, no exceptions."

Grian took a deep breath and nodded his head.

<Grian was killed by Mumbo Jumbo>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WC: 1055