Sixty-Nine

"I feel a little nauseous and my hands are shaking.
I guess that means you're close by.
My throat is getting dry and my heart is racing.
I haven't been by your side in a minute,
But I think about it sometimes.
Even though I know it's not so distant
I still wanna reminisce it."

Song: What A Time — Julia Michaels & Niall Horan

++++++

𝓞𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓞𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

"Uh... where is the car?" Andie asked her father, coming back into the house from the garage after finding the Mercedes gone.

She was supposed to be at work in ten minutes and someone had apparently stolen the car right out of the garage.

"I took it in for maintenance. I thought I told you," her father said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, cause I would be standing in front of you in my work smock looking like an idiot asking you about the car if you had told me," she snapped sarcastically, staring at him impatiently.

"I'm sorry, darling. Would you like a ride?"

"I'd like the car," she growled, knowing how ungrateful she sounded, but was unable to pull herself out of her foul mood.

It had been a really shitty week— scratch that— month of her life.

"I can give you a ride," her father said, standing up from his chair.

Andie let out a loud scoff as she turned on her heels and stomped toward the garage. She got into the passenger seat of her father's car with a huff and waited for him to make it out there. She was about to jump out of the car and yell at him to hurry up when he finally ambled out to the garage with his keys in his hands.

"I have less than five minutes to be clocked in and at my register. Can you hurry up, please?" She snapped at him as he got in the driver's side.

"You'll be fine," he grumbled as he started up the car and backed it out of the garage.

Andie got to work with only one minute to spare, grumbling out a 'thank you' before reminding her father he would need to pick her up from work as well. He told her he would before she raced into the grocery store to clock in.

Harry's eyes were on her in an instant as he stood with their manager Randy. She glared at him for a moment before bursting through the 'employees only' door to clock in.

When she came back out after clocking in two minutes late, Randy informed Andie that she was on register three and that Harry would be her bagger that evening. Anger swelled up inside of her at the thought of being anywhere near Harry.

She was completely silent as she walked to her register with Harry trailing behind her.

"Hey," Harry greeted her softly as they both positioned themselves at their work station.