Forty-Five

"I saw her face from across the room.
Eyes looking at me, looking at you like,
'Hey, cherry blossom, yeah, yeah, what's your problem?'
I don't want your leather jacket.
I just wanna taste your Chapstick."

Song: Chapstick — Coin

++++++

𝓐𝓾𝓰𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓐𝓾𝓰𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

Harry's eyes were on Andie as soon as she walked in the doors of Midland Park Foods that afternoon. She smiled at him as she approached and he smirked back at her, but she bypassed him all together.

"Ooh. Just gonna walk by without saying a word, huh?" Harry questioned, scoffing out a laugh. Andie spun around, walking backwards and bounced her eyebrows at him.

"You'll survive without my attention for a few minutes," she said with a mischievous smirk. He laughed out loud and shook his head just as she turned back around.

"That's where you're wrong," Harry called to her and she let out a loud laugh, but kept walking.

Andie walked into the staff area to deposit her stuff in one of the lockers available to the employees and clocked in for her shift. She quickly looked at herself in the mirror before going back out on the floor to find their manager, Randy, to figure out which register would be hers for the night.

"We're going to have you down there on register two for now. But in a little while, you're going to be out zoning with Melanie, Harry and José," Randy told her.

"Okay," she said with a small smile, liking that she and Harry could hang out while they zoned the store for most of their shift.

José was her bag-boy that evening, while Harry was paired up with Melanie two registers down. She could feel Harry's eyes on her as she helped customers and she tried not to let it affect her, but it did. He was making her flustered.

She was having a difficult time paying attention to her customers, nearly gathering the wrong amount of change a few times, and double ringing stuff, in which she would have to go back to fix it. It was like she was regressing to a complete cashier newbie. Her crush on Harry was all-consuming. It was pathetic.

As soon as business died down in the store and Randy let them loose to do their nightly zoning, Harry was right by Andie's side. They started in the cereal aisle but didn't get far before Harry grabbed onto her hand.

"C'mon," he said, tugging her along with him, looking around to make sure nobody was watching.

"Harry," she breathed quietly.

He pushed open the double doors leading to the back room before he unlocked the smaller stockroom and pulled her inside with him.

"Harry," Andie giggled.