Twenty-Seven

"There was something about the way
The blue lights were shining,
Bringing out the freedom in your eyes.
I was too busy watching you going wild child,
To be worried about going to jail.
You were thinking that running for it would make a good story.
I was thinking you were crazy as hell.
You were so innocent, but you were stealing my heart.
I fell in love in the back of a cop car."

Song: Cop Car — Sam Hunt

++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

As the two of them walked back toward the car, through the park, a police cruiser pulled into the parking lot.

"Shit," Harry hissed under his breath.

"Oh, damn," Andie breathed.

The cop parked his car behind Harry's Jeep, blocking them in, then opened his door to get out.

"How are you doing?" He asked as he eyed the two teenagers walking toward him.

"Uh, good," Harry said, watching him carefully.

"What are you two up to tonight?" He inquired, his vision going back and forth between the two of them.

"Just watching the trains," Harry told him honestly.

"Just watching the trains, huh?"

"Yep," Harry said, sounding a little annoyed.

"Do you realize that the park closes at sundown?" The officer told them.

"Uh, no. I didn't know that," Harry told him.

"How old are you two?"

"Seventeen," Harry relayed and the officer looked to Andie for an answer.

"Seventeen," she squeaked. Her body was tingling again, but not in a good way this time.

"Like I said," Harry murmured under his breath for only Andie to hear.

"Do you have ID's on you?" He asked the two of them.

"Yeah," Harry said evenly.

"Is it in your pocket?" The officer asked.

"Yeah. My back pocket," Harry told him as he stuck the blanket in the croak of his armpit so he'd be able to get his wallet.

"Go ahead and grab it," he said, giving him permission and Harry carefully pulled out his wallet, retrieving his ID.

"You can grab yours too," the officer told Andie.

She pulled her phone out of her back pocket which had a sleeve on the case that held her most important cards, like her ID and bank card.