Eighty

"Welcome to my family tree. We may look perfect to some,
But the roots underneath are dead in the ground.
You chose to walk away. I guess there's nothing else to say.
You walked away, I'll never be the same.
All you gave me was your last name."

Song: Family Tree — Sleeping With Sirens

++++++

𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

Andie: So my father wants to have dinner with me before I go to Louis'

Zayn: that's new

Andie: Tell me about it. Not sure what it's about.

Zayn: hopefully ur not in trouble or anything

Andie: Yikes. Let's hope he's not planning to ship me back to Nevada.

Zayn: don't say that!

Andie: I honestly wouldn't put it past him

Andie: I'll let you know what's going on when I figure it out lol

Zayn: ok babe

Zayn: hopefully c u soon

Andie: I'll cross my fingers

Zayn: me 2

Zayn sent her a kissy face emoji and she replied with the red heart before she stowed her phone in her jeans pocket. She took a deep breath before she opened her bedroom door and made her way down to the dining room to find her father. How awkward was this going to be?

Her father didn't say much to her but a greeting as she sat down at the table. Mrs. Tate popped into the dining room a moment later to place a dinner plate in front of each of them with grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli on it.

"I don't eat mashed potatoes," she told her father when Rose went back into the kitchen.

"You don't eat mashed potatoes?" He questioned her skeptically.

"I don't like the texture," she elaborated, staring down at her plate.

"Then don't eat the potatoes," he concluded, sounding a bit impatient with her already.

She sucked in a silent breath and let it out heavily. Dinner was starting out just fucking perfect.

The two of them ate in silence for a bit before her father set his fork down and eyed her from his side of the table.

"What?" Andie asked, looking up at him tentatively before she focused back on her plate, moving the mashed potatoes around with her fork.

"Stop playing with your food," he insisted and she immediately dropped her fork, causing it to clatter loudly against her plate.