Eighty-Six

"I wish I had a parachute 'cause I'm falling bad for you.
And I can see the ground approaching now,
But I'm not sure what to do.
I feel like a piñata once you take a swing at me.
If you could just crack the shell open,
I think, inside you would find something sweet."

Song: Theme From Piñata — Bright Eyes

++++++

𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

Andie carefully snuck out of the house, going into the garage, making sure not to be detected by Mrs. Tate. She was sure she wouldn't try to disturb her in her room. She would be back home before anyone knew she left.

When she realized her car was still parked at school, Andie cursed under her breath. Fuck. It was going to take more than five minutes just to walk to Zayn's. She texted him quickly with her new ETA and snuck out the pedestrian gate.

When Zayn's house came into view, she saw him sitting on his front step waiting for her. He was in a hoodie and sweatpants, and his hair looked disheveled, but he somehow still looked so fucking mouth-watering. She had no idea how he did it.

"Hi," she breathed, her anxious nerves somehow dissipating in his presence.

"Hi," he greeted as he stood up to kiss her before he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug.

"Oh, god. I needed this," she sighed, wrapping her arms around his middle, burying her face into his shoulder. She felt like she might cry again, but choked it back.

"Missed you," he told her as he left a sweet kiss on the top of her head before the two of them pulled out of each other's arms.

"Missed you too," she told him honestly as they both sat down on his front step.

"How come you weren't at school today?" She asked, breaking the silence between them.

"Uh, I had a preliminary hearing with a judge this morning," he explained, unable to even look over at her.

"Mm," she hummed, nodding her head, "What happened?"

Zayn explained that, with the help of Louis' parents' lawyers, his charges were dropped down to probation because he was a first time offender and the amount of coke he had on him was miniscule. He would be on probation for a year, and was ordered to do community service. On top of that, he had a hefty fine to pay — not only to the courts, but to the lawyer too, even though Louis' parents offered to pay half of the bill.

"Zayn... that's good. That's good, right?" Andie said, feeling so much relief.

"Yeah. Yeah, it's good. It'll only be on my record for a year if I don't fuck up my probation," he explained.