Sixty-Two

"Breathe in deep before I say
I can feel us slip away.
You're almost gone.
You're good as gone.
August is over."

Song: August Is Over — We The Kings

++++++

𝓢𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓢𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

"So, uh, I talked to Zayn," Andie told Harry as the two of them walked into his bedroom together.

She felt awkward bringing him up. But she needed Harry to know that Zayn wasn't going to come between them.

"Yeah?" Harry asked, sounding hopeful.

"Um, I told him about... us. Like, that we're hanging out, you know. That we've been hanging out," she explained as they made it into his room and he shut the door.

"And what did he say?" He asked, finally looking at her.

"He was cool with it. I mean, there's no reason he shouldn't be," she explained, trying to feel as nonchalant as her words seemed to be.

"Hm," he hummed, nodding his head as he flopped down on his bed and grabbed his television remote.

"Have you... have you talked to him about... any of this?" Andie asked him carefully as she sat down on the bed with him.

"No," he said flatly, his eyes plastered to the TV after turning it on.

"I mean... you're cool too, right? Like, we're cool?" She asked him, hoping she was going to get more than one-word answers out of him.

"We're cool," he said, but didn't even bother to look at her. His body language seemed cold and indifferent and it didn't really sit right with her.

"I guess I'd feel better about it if you actually looked at me," she said, rolling her eyes.

He turned to meet her gaze, but there was no expression on his face. She sighed and shook her head.

"You know this isn't my fault, right?" She reminded him.

"I know," he told her, his eyes softening a bit as he watched her.

"Why do I feel like you're holding it against me?" She asked, feeling a deep pain in her heart. He sighed and it made her heart wrench.

"I'm not, Andie. I'm really trying not to like, think too much about it," he explained.

"But like, it's all I can think about. Like... us. Like, how things have been with us and how I see things going after this," she told him, furrowing her brows, feeling an impending sense of doom.

"How do you see things going?" He asked, finally showing a bit of emotion as his eyebrows knit together in question.

"I just don't want you to resent me for something that is out of my control. Like, I am just as shocked as you are," she explained.