Eighteen

"We're catching lightning in a bottle.
Don't give a fuck about tomorrow.
Yeah, we're dancing in the backseat.
We don't need gravity here in the afterglow.
Yeah, we're rolling with the thunder.
Now take a breath, we're going under.
We're getting busy on the backstreets.
We don't need gravity here in the afterglow."

Song: Lightning in a Bottle — The Summer Set

++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

"Andria..." She heard Harry's voice floating through the hallway outside her bedroom door and her head immediately perked up.

"Yeah?" She questioned, wondering how he, once again, was able to sneak up to her room without being noticed by her father.

She wondered if maybe Mrs. Tate let him up purposely to defy him somehow. He was an ass to her most of the time, so it made sense.

"Hell-ooo," Harry greeted theatrically, quickly appearing in her doorway with his hands splayed against each side of her door frame.

He was wearing an American flag onesie, American flag themed sunglasses and a wild red, white and blue light-up headband on his head. She let out a boisterous laugh at the sight of him.

"Happy freakin' birthday, America!" He said boldly as she giggled.

"Wow," Andie told him as she really got a good look at his outfit.

Her white tank top with the American flag on it was quivering in shame compared to his get-up.

"All you need now is a bald eagle perched on your shoulder," Andie joked and Harry let out a loud laugh.

"He's in the car," he joked, eyeing the bag she was zipping up next to her, "Are you ready?"

"Ready," she said.

"That's what you're wearing?" He questioned as she stood up.

"Yeah. Why?" She asked, looking down at her tank top and jean shorts.

"I know you're new around here, but we go all-out for the 4th of July," he told her proudly.

"Sorry. I left my Lady Liberty costume in Nevada," she snickered.

"Ha-ha," he deadpanned.

"My nails are red, white and blue," she said, wiggling her fingers in front of her to show him.

"You get an 'A' for effort," he chuckled, shaking his head at her.

"Effort?" She laughed.

"Yeah. Come on," he said, grabbing her bag off the bed, throwing it over his shoulder. She laughed, quickly grabbing her purse before following him out.