Eighty-Four

"The best and worst day of June
Was the one that I met you.
With your hands in your pockets
And your don't-you-wish-you-had-me grin.
But I did, so I smiled, and I melted like a child.
Now every breath of air I breathe reminds me of then."

Song: You All Over Me — Taylor Swift

++++++

𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

When the garage door finally closed, Andie carefully opened the door that led into the house, listening for anyone inside.

"I think the coast is clear," she whispered, looking back at Harry.

"Okay," he said, nodding at her before she pushed the door open further and they walked into the house.

"Just... just be quiet," she murmured.

The house was mainly dark and it seemed eerily quiet as they made their way down the hallway toward the foyer. Maybe it was because they were drunk and they were doing everything in their power to be as quiet as possible.

A second later, they heard a woman laugh from somewhere in the house.

Andie stopped immediately, holding her hand back, pressing it against Harry's chest to get him to stop walking.

"Who's that?" Harry whispered, looking at her oddly.

Andie shrugged her shoulders and sent him an odd look back. That definitely wasn't Mrs. Tate's laugh.

The two of them stood there in frozen apprehension as they heard faint voices coming from the kitchen — a man and a woman. It sounded like her father, but she had no idea who the woman would be.

"Oh my god. Does Papa Ellis have a lady friend over?" Harry whispered with an amused look on his face.

Andie could not even control her horrified expression and Harry let out a laugh that was a little too loud.

"Shh," she hushed him, quickly clamping her hand over his mouth. Harry chuckled into her palm before pulling her hand away.

"You're gonna get us caught," she whispered.

"Sorry," Harry apologized sheepishly, chuckling under his breath.

"Oh my god. They're coming," she whispered, grabbing Harry's hand to pull him into the closet with her.

Andie grabbed her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans and turned on the flashlight as they stood in the dark closet together. They stared at each other as they heard her father and the mystery woman talking as they went up the stairs.

Was this what he did when she wasn't home? Invite random women over? Ugh. Just thinking of her father with anyone was just gross to her. No wonder he asked if she would be sleeping over with Janessa tonight. He wanted to have a woman over.