Twenty-One

"From the second I saw you, I've been falling
In that space between that moment and the ground.
My on fire imagination, your constellation
Is the only thing I think of now.
I felt your light run through me.
Now, I'm dying to be
Somewhere, somewhere, somewhere
In your universe, in your universe."

Song: In Your Universe — Banners

++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

The car ride back to New Jersey was absolutely silent. They were all so fucking hungover, it wasn't even funny. Louis made Janessa drive because he was sure he might throw up if he had to pay attention to the road. Harry and Andie passed out almost immediately in the back of the SUV once they were on the road.

Andie woke up a little while later to Louis and Janessa talking in the front seat.

"Harry and Andie hooked up last night," Janessa told Louis quietly. Oh, god. How did she know?

"Did they really?" Louis asked, sounding intrigued.

"Yeah. Caitlyn told me her and Niall walked in on the two of them in one of the bedrooms. Pretty sure she was giving him an oral favor, if you know what I mean," Janessa told him. Oh, dear god.

Andie was absolutely mortified. Niall and Caitlyn walked in on them? Oh, god.

"Finally. Those two have been dancing around each other for weeks. We all knew it was going to happen," Louis said, sounding proud of the two of them, but Andie felt sick to her stomach. She really didn't want the whole world to know.

"I know. They both keep saying how neither of them want anything, but you can plain-as-day see them falling for each other," Janessa snickered.

"Oh, for sure," Louis said with a little laugh.

Oh, god. Was she that obvious with her crush? She, in all honesty, didn't want anything when she came to New Jersey, but immediately after meeting Harry she was entirely smitten and she knew it couldn't have been helped. She had no choice in the matter. He was a force that couldn't be stopped.

Janessa and Louis went silent a few moments later and Andie sat there, her body pressed against the door with Harry's head on her lap, running Janessa and Louis' conversation over and over in her head, along with all her interactions with Harry over the past month. And she realized that he was 'Captain' and she was 'Obvious' because that was what they were — fucking obvious.

...

They dropped Harry off first when they got back to New Jersey, which only made sense, but it really made it hard for Andie to be able to talk with him about what happened the night before. So she built up the courage to call him that evening because she really needed to know.