Twenty-Four

"I could hold you in my arms.
I could hold you forever."

Song: Hold You in My Arms — Ray LaMontagne

++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

After dinner, people began to trickle out onto the dance floor that was set up over the pool, dancing to the soft music the live band played. Andie smiled watching Louis' parents dancing with each other. They looked so happy, fifteen years later. She could only hope to find a love like that.

Andie's heart began to race as her friends all seemed to drift off to the dance floor with their partners and it was just her and Harry left sitting at the table. 'Uncomfortable' couldn't even begin to describe how she was feeling, but it was the best she could come up with.

"Would you like to dance?" Harry asked her a moment later. Andie looked over at him, unable to really think in the moment. She was just kind of left staring at him in shock.

Harry stood up and with a soft smile, held out his hand for her. Her stomach flipped and flopped as she slipped her palm against his and he led her out on the dance floor.

This was now the third time she shared a dance with Harry and it was the most intimate out of all of them; with their cheeks pressed ever-so slightly to one another's, one of his hands resting against the small of her back and the other one holding hers up next to them.

She had never danced with someone like that before. She couldn't help but smile to herself, because she liked it. She liked it a lot.

"I didn't know you'd be here," Harry breathed in her ear.

"Mm," she hummed, pulling back to look at him. His eyes looked into hers for a moment before her gaze fell to her hand that rested against his shoulder.

"Um, Louis... he called me today," Andie told him a moment later. She felt a bit of relief knowing that Harry hadn't been a part of the phone conversation she and Louis had.

"Ah," Harry breathed in acknowledgement.

"I'm slowly learning it was Louis' plan for me to be your date," Andie added with a ghost of a smile on her lips.

"What?" Harry asked, pulling his head back to look at her confused, causing Andie to let out a light laugh.

"Yeah. And his mom is under the impression that I'm your girlfriend," Andie told him.

"Really? I did not know that," Harry said with a laugh, leaning forward to touch their cheeks together again.

"Yeah. I was bombarded by that fact when I got here," Andie laughed uncomfortably.

"Wow. Sorry," Harry breathed out a laugh.

"Mm-hmm," she hummed, looking around at all the people dancing.