Eight

"When we were sipping cocktails on the edge of the shore,
Wishing people we just met would become more.
Hoping our stories will never fade into the dark.
And I feel like we all believe we deserve the summer.
This will be our summer on repeat."

Song: Summer on Repeat — Nate VanDeusen & Horizon Blue

++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

By the weekend, Janessa called to invite Andie to the beach with her and some friends. Andie had to work that morning, but she told Janessa she'd think about it, depending on how she felt after work.

"No, it's perfect. I have to go visit my grandma, so I can just pick you up on my way to the beach. When do you get off?" Janessa asked, sounding excited about the possibility of her tagging along.

"Uh, I should be home a little after one," she told her.

"Perfect! I'll see you then!" Janessa said, ending the call before Andie had a chance to protest.

Apparently she was going to the beach and she had no say in the matter. Though Andie couldn't help but feel happy that she found friends that really wanted to spend time with her. She'd only known them for three weeks, but it was like they'd known each other for years.

After work, Andie went home to gather her stuff for the beach and change into her swimsuit. She found a cute tropical print bikini on Thursday at Target and was really happy with how it looked on her. She threw on a loose tank top and shorts over it before grabbing her bag with her towel, sunscreen, phone and keys in it. By the time she was ready, Janessa was already waiting at the gate for her in her red convertible.

When they got to the lake, Andie noticed people from their group right away. Louis was chasing Liam onto the dock before Liam did a cannonball off of it, with Louis following shortly after. Niall and Caitlyn were wading in the water near the dock. And Harry sat on a towel on the beach drinking water with that ridiculous girl Sasha by his side.

Andie's jealousy flared up inside of her, but she did her best to squash it because she knew she was just being stupid. Although Sasha had been nothing but a bitch to her since she met her and the thought of her somehow getting her claws into Harry made Andie's stomach sick.

As they walked through the sand toward Harry and Sasha, Andie noticed a few of their other friends scattered around and wondered if any of them ever did anything alone. But then again, life was better with people you loved in it.

"Hey, guys," Janessa said as the two of them walked up.

"Oh, hey," Harry greeted, his vision immediately meeting Andie's.

She looked away, quickly dropping her sunglasses over her eyes from the top of her head. She blushed just thinking about how stupid the jealousy was that raged inside of her at the sight of him and Sasha even sitting next to each other. It made her uncomfortable.