Twenty-Six

"About a mile off old mill road, that spot nobody knows.
We park the truck and we take off running.
Hurry up, girl I hear it coming.
Got a moon and a billion stars.
The sound of steel and old box cars.
The thought of you is driving me insane.
Come on, baby, let's go listen to the night train."

Song: Night Train — Jason Aldean

++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

Once they made it back to Andie's father's house, she fed Duke, then she and Harry went up to her room, rules be damned.

"I've just gotta change before we go," she told him as she opened her closet door, watching as he dropped back on her bed, sprawling out across it. Duke joined him a moment later and licked at his face as Andie shut herself into her closet.

The butterflies in her stomach were ravenous and she felt sick to her stomach thinking about Harry. Why did he make her like him so much?

Andie pulled off all of her clothes before replacing them with clean ones. A tank top and jean shorts would have to do because that was pretty much all her summer wardrobe consisted of.

When she walked out of the closet, she immediately went into her bathroom to freshen up.

"I can drive. My car is just at Louis'," Harry told her.

"Sounds good," she called back.

"Alright," he replied.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked, popping her head out of the bathroom, wondering what his plans were. Was this going to be like a date or something? Suddenly she felt so nervous.

"I'm not telling," he said as he laid with Duke on the bed, the dog's head resting on his stomach. It was sweet.

"Okay, weirdo," she scoffed, going back into the bathroom.

Andie quickly reapplied her deodorant and spritzed herself with her body mist, then took a brush to her long blonde hair before knotting it at the top of her head in a ponytail. It was going to have to do because she didn't have time to take a shower or anything.

"Oh my god," he groaned a moment later and she stuck her head out the doorway of the bathroom.

"What?"

"I think I've spent a year of this summer just waiting for you to get ready," he whined facetiously.

"Oh, shut up," she shot back at him with a laugh, tossing her hair brush across the room at him.

He held his hands out and caught it, letting out a loud laugh, causing Duke to jump off the bed.

"At least your bed is comfortable," he told her before tossing it back.