Forty-Three

"You make me feel like my troubled heart is a million miles away.
You make me feel like I'm drunk on stars
and we're dancing out into space. Celestial.
We were made to be nothing more than this.
Finding magic in all the smallest things.
The way we notice, that's what really matters.
Let's make tonight go on and on and on."

Song: Celestial — Ed Sheeran

++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

After night fell and the party seemed to have died down, Louis lit a bonfire in his backyard and most of the attendees sat around it smoking and drinking, including Andie. But when she received a simple text from her mom saying that she hoped she was having fun and that she missed her, she used it as an excuse to get away from the smoke from the fire and people's cigarette smoke that seemed to keep blowing in her face.

She couldn't help but smile to herself as she reread the text from her mom as she got up from her chair and wandered toward the house. She decided to sit by the edge of the pool and dangle her feet in the water as she texted her mom back.

Andie: I'm actually having a really good night. I hope yours is just as good. I love you and miss you.

Mom: Love you too, honey. My night is going pretty well. Ross is grilling steaks for dinner and I've got my feet up with a glass of wine in my hand.

Nevada had a three hour time difference from New Jersey. While it was nearly 11pm in NJ, it was only 8pm in Nevada. Andie imagined what the sky might look like there as the sun began to lower in the horizon. Probably oranges and pinks as far as the eye could see over the mountains. Sometimes she really missed Nevada.

Mom: Life is good

Mom: Only thing that would make it better would be you right next to me

Andie: I wish I was

Mom: Nah. You enjoy your summer with that cute boy.

Andie: lol I am

Mom: Ha! Don't have too much fun

Andie: LOL

Mom: How is everything going with him?

Andie: I'd say it's pretty good right now

Mom: Glad to hear it, honey

"Hey," Harry greeted as he walked up by the pool, startling Andie, causing her to nearly drop her phone in the pool.

"Holy shit!" Andie yelped, catching the electronic at the last second, quickly hugging it to her chest so she wouldn't fumble it again.

"Close call," Harry chuckled, smirking down at her.