Two

"We'll sing out loud for hours
Until the morning that we know we can't avoid.
These nights are notable and priceless.
I swear that every word I say
I mean until my dying day.
It's a shame when I wake, I can't recall a thing."

Song: Knights of the Island Counter — Dave Melillo

++++++

Song: Knights of the Island Counter — Dave Melillo++++++

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

Andie debated it for a long time — to go to the party or not. She wasn't the most outgoing person, especially with new people. And ever since being cheated on, her fear of rejection was overwhelming. But, she wanted her summer to be decent at least and being invited to a party was a step in the right direction.

Her anxiety as she got ready for the night was tormenting her. If she went, would she even find anyone to talk to? Would she walk around the party alone until she decided to go back to her pathetic life at her father's house? Or would she have the time of her life? She figured she'd never know if she didn't go.

She wasn't sure exactly how formal the party was going to be, so she played it safe, dressing in a simple white floral sundress with a pair of tan wedges. She wore her wavy blonde hair down with light makeup on her face, and hoped she didn't look like she was trying too hard to fit in.

She barely asked her father's permission to go to the party that night, but he barely even knew she was around anyway. He was so preoccupied with whatever business he was working on in his office that she hardly even got the time of day between the phone calls he was on.

She walked over to Louis' house alone, feeling vulnerable and hoped the night wouldn't turn into an utter disaster. As she went up the sidewalk, she passed by two already seemingly drunk boys who just stumbled out the front door and she immediately knew what kind of party she was about to step into.

"Heyyy," the first one said to her with a very suggestive tone in his voice as he looked her up and down.

"Hi," she giggled lightly to herself.

"My friend thinks you're hot," the other one called back to her as they kept walking.

"Uh, thank you?" She said as she continued toward the front door.

Walking into that house felt like she was transported into a movie — like, it was the stereotypical underage kegger in a ridiculously large house. There were teenagers everywhere and red solo cups in every hand. She'd never been to a party this big before. There were so many people.

"Andie!" She heard someone bellow her name and turned to find her new neighbor Louis coming toward her.

"Hey," she greeted, smiling bashfully at him.

"You made it!" He said, wrapping an arm around her, giving her a half-hug.

"Yeah, I decided to come," she told him with a perma-smile on her face.