Forty-Eight

"We say we're friends, but I'm catching you across the room.
It makes no sense 'cause we're fighting over what we do.
And there's no way that I'll end up being with you.
But friends don't look at friends that way."

Song: That Way — Tate McRae ft. Jeremy Zucker

++++++

𝓐𝓾𝓰𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓐𝓾𝓰𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

There was no doubt in Andie's mind where she wanted to take Harry. She was just glad her father didn't have security cameras in the house because the amount of times Harry had been in her bedroom after her father explicitly told her that he was not allowed up there would earn her a one way ticket back to Nevada.

But the summer was ending soon and she would be headed back to Nevada anyway. So she figured she would go out with a bang, if need be.

As Andie drove them to her father's house, her stomach fluttered with butterflies as she thought about the conversation she and Harry just had at the restaurant.

'Have you ever thought about staying in New Jersey for your senior year of high school?'

Oh, god. He really had her questioning her life choices. She always planned to go back to Nevada for school. There was never even a thought in her mind that she would stay in New Jersey for her senior year...

...until Harry expressed that he wanted her to.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asked from the passenger seat and she immediately looked over at him. His face lit up as they passed a street light and his eyes seemed to sparkle as he looked back at her.

Her attention went back to the road before she spoke.

"Pondering my options for school in September," she told him honestly.

"Are you?" He asked and she looked back at him, finding a complacent smirk on his lips.

"Mm. A lot to think about," she added, smiling at him before she looked back out the windshield.

"Ah, yes. That's where the pros and cons list comes in," Harry reminded her and she breathed out a laugh.

"Yes," she agreed with a nod as she turned into her father's driveway and quickly put in the gate code.

"My name better be first on the pros list," Harry told her and she let out a laugh.

"Of course," she agreed, smiling over at him, and watched as his lips turned up into a sideways smirk.

God. Could her crush on him get any bigger?

When Andie pulled into the garage and cut the engine, she looked over at Harry who was already watching her.