Fifty-Four

"Speeding through red lights into paradise.
Because we've no time for getting old.
Mortal body, timeless souls. Cross your fingers, here we go.
And when the lights start flashing like a photo booth,
And the stars exploding, we'll be fireproof.
My youth, my youth is yours.
A truth so loud you can't ignore."

Song: Youth — Troye Sivan

++++++

𝓢𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝓢𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

"Um, what are you doing for like, Labor Day?" Harry asked Andie, looking a little bit nervous, making her instantly smile.

"Literally nothing. You think my father has anything planned? Ha!" She laughed, rolling her eyes.

"Well, um, there's like, a barbeque... at my house. I mean, there's gonna be one. My parents are having a barbeque... if you want to come over on Labor Day," Harry stammered over his words.

"Yeah?" She asked as she tried to bite back her megawatt, only-have-eyes-for-Harry smile.

"Yeah," he replied, smiling back at her.

"Is it an actual barbeque or is it a 'Tomlinson' barbeque?" She asked, smirking facetiously as she remembered how Louis invited her over to his house for a 'barbeque', but failed to mention that it was his parent's vow renewal and was not a barbeque at all.

Harry let out a loud, amused laugh and it made her laugh too.

"Definitely not a Tomlinson barbeque," Harry chuckled.

"So, like, burgers and hot dogs? That sort of thing?" She asked for clarification.

"Exactly that," he told her with a smile.

"Sounds amazing. What can I bring?"

"Yourself," he replied, smirking wryly at her.

"I mean, like, food-wise."

"Yourself," he said again as his eyes wandered down her body in an exaggerated fashion.

"Okay. Stop," she giggled, shoving at his shoulder.

"You don't need to bring anything except your cute self. There will be plenty of food," he told her as he gripped onto her hips and pulled her body toward his.

"Yeah?" She breathed, smiling as his lips hovered over hers.

"Mm-hmm," he hummed before leaning in to kiss her.

...

Andie decided to walk over to Harry's the afternoon of Labor Day to attend the barbeque she was invited to. She was so excited to finally be meeting his parents and his sister — well, technically she met his mom before in passing, but Andie knew this would be totally different. Excitement and happiness bubbled up inside of her.