Chapter 3: Jazz's Disappearance

*Danny's POV (Continued)*

"Here it is," I said, raising a glowing green fist at Skulker. "In my hand!" I blasted him away and he flew backwards, screaming. He came flying again at me and we both phased through the ceiling. We tossed ourselves at each other, but we also dodged our attacks. "What do you want with the ecto-converter, anyway? Or those Nanobots you stole from Axion Labs?"

He didn't answer, of course, and instead trapped me against the Op Center's antenna. I was upside down and I looked over at Skulker. "I ask the questions." He said, and showed a bunch of laser guns on his wrist. "And since you won't talk, I'll just have to beat the answer out of you! Where is it!?"

I braced myself until an ecto-ray shot up at him. "That's right, ghost!" Jazz said over the speakers. "You better watch out. This baby's juiced up by the ecto-converter!" I was trying to wave at her and tell her no, but then I saw Skulker glancing through a red pair of glasses.

"I like your new helper!" Skulker said as he spotted it out.

"Jazz..." I said, and broke free of the ropes. "Stay away from Skulker."

"You worry about Skulker!" Jazz said as I flew down. "I'm going after Ghost X."

She pressed the button on the control panel to release the lasers on the guns atop of the RV. I reached out to Skulker who moved out of the way quickly and I got shot backwards. Skulker disappeared as soon as I fell on my back near Jazz. She hopped out of the vehicle with the Fenton Thermos. "Danny!" Jazz said, and I stretched my aching back. "Are you alright? I-"

"No! No..." I stopped her before she said anything. "Here, let me save you the trouble." She looked at me odd as I pressed the button on the Fenton Thermos and I screamed as I invited myself inside. 

~~~

The next day at school, I explained everything to (Y/n), Sam, and Tucker. "Do you want me to say something to her, Danny?" (Y/n) asked, crouched next to me.

"I'm perfectly capable of talking to my own sister." I reassured her.

"Which is why you're hiding from her in a broom closet..." Sam pointed out.

I started chuckling nervously. "I am not!" I said defensively.

"Danny?" Jazz asked and we shut up really quickly. "Are you in there?"

"HIDE ME!" I shouted out of fear. I jumped over (Y/n) who ducked in surprise and I jumped through a trashcan next to her. Jazz opened up the door.

"Cool secret meeting place!" Jazz said, hurrying inside. She sat down in between (Y/n) and Sam. "So I pieced it all together. Ghost X is clearly using the technology he stole to build some sort of super weapon. So...I compiled a list of his known associates." I looked over (Y/n)'s shoulder and she looked at me worried.

"Wait..." I said, as I looked at the familiar files. I stood up from the trashcan. "Where did you get this?"

"From your computer!" Jazz said.

I hopped out of the trashcan to face everyone. "You hacked into my ghost files? How'd you get the password?"

"It's (Y/n) Fenton." Everyone said in unison.

"Seriously, Danny." (Y/n) said as she blushed. "It's not that hard to figure out."

"How come you've never told me Vlad has ghost powers?" Jazz asked angrily. "And that he has a thing for mom!? That (Y/n)'s family was hired and sent here just to destroy dad?" Then her face lit up. "Wait... was that the promise you two were talking about that you made after the family trip to Wisconsin?" I closed the laptop, that was far enough.