Chapter 4: Team Phantom

*Danny's POV*

All I thought about in the Ghost Zone was how much of a jerk I was to Jazz. I needed to get her back home, so we could forget about what happened. Suddenly, a door opened wide and I flew right into it in silence. I couldn't really make a sound as that caught me off guard, so the force pushed me backwards, and I lost balance.

"Excellent." Skulker said, holding up a staff that had a ball with spikes over it. "All my tasks are completed."

"Where is she?!" I demanded to ask with my arms folded.

"What are you talking about, Whelp?" He asked. Then, I threw a ghost ray at Skulker. His eyes widened and another door behind him to a different realm opened.

Technus floated outward. He was in a bath towel and had a scrubber in one hand. "Which one of you fools stole my...AH!" Technus screamed as the ghost ray hit him, causing him to go back inside his realm.

"Hey, you're helping, too!" Skulker exclaimed, turning back to me. "That's odd...no witty banter?"

"Not in the mood." I said. "What you've done with Jazz?"

"I've done nothing with your sister, ghost child." Skulker said. "Skulker hunts what he hunts. Nothing more, nothing less." He held up the staff that glowed with electricity. "Which is why I'm bringing this to my employer." He pointed his staff at me which shocked me a lot, and that made me scream out in pain. Skulker threw a box at me, and I lay inside the cube, blacking out. "You will be a gift..."

~~~

Vlad had this insane idea of the two of us on the football field fighting each other to prove Jazz's worth. I woke up in the middle of the field to look around my surroundings. In front of me, I saw Jazz wearing the ecto-skeleton battle suit. Jazz and I stood up from each other once the tv screen went black after Vlad made his explanation and we circled each other. "We're going to have to fight." I said. "But we're going to have to make it look convincing-"

Then, she sucker-punched me in the belly. I flew backwards against the ghost shield and screamed out in pain. When I fell down, Jazz leaned over. "That's for humiliating me in front of the whole, entire school."

I tried to sit back up and said, "Okay. I deserved that, and I'm sorry." I stood up, and cracked my back again once more. My hand was placed around my neck. "You were just trying to help, but please, just follow my lead!"

She didn't listen. Instead, she uppercut me and I flew away, hitting the ghost shield again. It zapped me and I started freefalling. Jazz smiled at me, and threw a fist back before punching me right in the face. I was going several yards down the football field and Jazz was running. She caught up to me as I was flying away and she tried to do the same trick again until I grabbed at her fist. She was shocked to see what strength I had, and I used my other hand to grabhold of the ecto-skeleton.

I lifted her up high, and turned her invisible. I sunk her to the ground. I placed my hands over the dome. "Will you listen to me for once in your life!?"

"Duh, I am listening to you." Jazz said, which puzzled me. "You told me to make it convincing!"

She winked at me, and I backed up as she lifted me up high. She held me up high with both hands and I was pretending to be scared. "Jazz, no!" I said. "Don't, please! I need to go back home to (Y/n)!" Well, that part is true.

She whirled me around and tossed me away. Honestly, I was having fun. That was, until I hit the ghost shield face first. I landed on the ground and tried to make it look real that I was finished. Jazz hurried to me and crouched down.

"Danny?" she asked. I looked up at her with a smile, and closed my eye again. "Oh no...What have I done?! Can you ever forgive me?"

Vlad walked up to us, fully convinced. "Of course I can, Jasmine." He said. "Now that you've proven your loyalty-" I looked at Vlad finally with a mischievous grin and disappeared. I sunk through the ground. 

"Guess again, fruit loop." Jazz said, with her hand raised at Vlad. She blasted him and he flew away to the bleachers. 

He crashed through the bleachers and sat up. "Oh, so that's how it's going to be, eh?" He pulled out a remote, and Jazz walked away.  "Have you forgotten with a press of a button, I can end your resistance, once and for-" Then, I rose from the ground and grabbed the remote away when he wasn't paying attention. "Oh, cheese logs..."

He leaned down to the seats and only saw darkness. Then, I peeked out with a smile, raising my hand to fire a ghost ray at him. A beam of green light shot up from the bleachers and he was tossed away. I heard him land on the football field. I met up with Jazz and saw Vlad place his hand over his head. 

"You...you...you tricked me!" Vlad said. "Both of you!"

"Barely!" I said and started mocking a scene from earlier. "Oh, no! What have I done!" I chuckled at Jazz. "What was that?"

"Jazz, no, don't! Please!" She mocked me and we laughed.

"Oh...you think you know everything?" Vlad asked angrily. "Tell me girl, did you expect this?!"

But before he could transform into his ghost form, we were already gone. 

~~~

Jazz took us both into the Specter Speeder and we headed home together. "I messed up, didn't I?" Jazz asked. 

"Actually, I messed up." I said, truthfully. "I was so busy being angry at you, I couldn't really see that you can help!" 

"But just because I can, doesn't mean I should." Jazz said. "Ghost fighting and ghost researching...Those are yours and (Y/n)'s thing, Danny. I'll always be there for you two. Just in different ways."

I placed my hands around her shoulders, "Consider yourself a reserved member of Team Phantom." 

"Don't you still need to go and fight Ghost X- I mean Skulker?" She asked. "I can totally cover for you."

I smiled, and sat back. "Nah, I'd rather ride home with my big sister. If that's okay. Besides, I'm sure mom and dad are enjoying their alone time." I said. "And speaking of home, could you drop me off at (Y/n)'s on the way?"