Chapter 72: Normal kids

*(Y/n)'s POV*

I put Danny's head onto my chest and laid him down on the floor. I was looking up at everyone with tears running down my face. "Danny?" I asked again, but his eyes were closed. "Danny, please, can you hear me?" I tilted my head against his as he didn't answer.

"Did he just do what I think he just did?" Tucker asked.

"You mean, step back into the Fenton portal, remove his ghost powers, and revert his DNA profile back to that of a normal human?" Jazz blabbed. 

"I was gonna say "Go un-ghost", but that works too." Tucker said.

"Greetings, dudes!" A voice said, and we looked up to the trio in red jumpsuits standing before us with Vid up front. "We're here to, like, police the premises for signs of any spectral activity!"

"Just go about your business!" Download said, and they pulled out scanners. "We're not even here." They took a while to scan every part of our parents' equipment to find nothing. Then, Download walked over to me and Danny to scan him. My tears were already wiped. 

"Place is clean." Thrash declared. "No ectos."

Sam, Tucker, and Jazz just had a blank look on their faces as they walked away. "There you go, dude!" Download said, snatching Tucker's beret. He pulled out a marker and signed it. "And remember, your mayor, who watches constantly-." He handed the beret back to Tucker who was surprised. "-loves you!"

Tucker put on his beret back on with Download's signature on the front, and he pouted. Normally, I would find that funny, but I couldn't even laugh. "Wh-What happened?" Danny started to speak and I held his hand. He wanted to get up, so I helped him. "Did it work?"

I let his hand go and I stepped back to everyone else quietly as Danny touched his body. He went over to a mirror across the room to take a look and saw the silver streak of hair down the middle. "You didn't register on the Blaster's scanners." Tucker walked over. 

"So that means..." Danny said, smiling confidently. He ran to the middle of the room and raised both fists in the air. "I'm going ghost!" Sam, Jazz, and I exchanged odd looks as nothing happened. Danny started feeling even more giddy. "I said...I'm going ghost! Ha, it worked! I don't have my ghost powers anymore. I'm normal again!" He grabbed my hands to pull me in and whirled me around, but I was frowning at him. "Isn't this awesome, (Y/n)?!"

"Yeah..." Sam said dully and crossed her arms.

"Great." Tucker said in the exact same tone.

"Swell." I rolled my eyes.

"Thrilling." Jazz said, and Danny set me down.

"Aw, come on, you guys!" Danny said, he brought me over to them. "Don't you realize what this means?"

"Yeah, that you're just an average, every day, not special, human again!" Sam said sarcastically.

"Oh, come on, Sam." Danny said. "Think of how great this is gonna be! I won't have to fight ghosts anymore. Now we can all just be normal teenagers, and hang out as much as we want. What do you say, (Y/n)? Now I can plan date nights with you and we won't have to worry about anything else!"

"Normal rocks." I said, walking away. 

"Hey if it's what you wanted," Tucker said, as Danny looked at his other best friend. "Then, I'm glad for you, man."

"It is." I heard Danny's voice echo behind me. "Thanks."

"Looks like we'll have to find other things to occupy our time, huh?" Tucker asked and I shut their voices out.