Chapter 23: Kindred Spirits

*Third person pov*

"File 10-406-VM."

A recording of Valerie in her red jumpsuit played. She is seen on her hoverboard, with an ecto-gun in her hand. Danny Phantom is her rival, and she fired multiple ghost rays at him, all of which he dodged. When Danny balled his hands into fists, forming green rays around them, a voice said, "Stop. Analysis." Everything about Danny's powers were being recorded by Vlad Plasmius.

"File 104-06 VX." An image appeared before him and had Danny and Valerie glaring at each other in mid-combat. "Stop. Analysis. File 18-74 MI."

Another image popped up on the screen and showed Danny flying in combat. "File 2416 SM. Stop." Vlad stared at an image of Danny saving his girlfriend from getting hurt and the recordings showed how protective the ghost boy was. "File 3299 IM. Stop. Analysis. Conclusion?" Everything about Danny loaded on multiple screens.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart!" the A.I he created of Danny's mom, Maddie, appeared on every one of them. "Inconclusive data. Experiment cannot be completed without mid-morph samples."

"Bah...!" Vlad cursed in his ghost form. "The equipment I gave Valerie to fight ghosts has been monitoring Daniel for months and I'm still missing the one piece I need!" He curled his hand into a fist and snarled. Vlad snapped his fingers and a light shown over to the capsules filled with ectoplasms, each capsule opened and revealed a few of his minions. "You know what to do..." Vlad faced them all.

"Yes, father..." they replied, and they all dispersed at once.

"Father..." Vlad chuckled to himself as if it was the greatest thing he's ever heard. "I do so love that. Now saw it again, the one thing I programmed you to..."

He faced his A.I. "Jack Fenton is an idiot!" she answered. "I am glad I serve you...!" One by one, a screen of Maddie's face appeared and she kept repeating the same line over and over again. Vlad bellowed a laugh, as he knew that everything that's about to happen would change Danny's life, for good.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s pov*

"Darn it!" Sam grumbled out of frustration. Tucker and I were standing on the sidelines, grinning at each other as we leaned on our golf clubs. We all met together in the morning to play some mini golf and when Sam made her stroke, the windmill pushed her golf ball away from the goal.

"Eighteenth hole, Sam!" Tucker exclaimed. "I beat you both here, and I win!"

I stopped grinning, just for the simple fact that Tucker gloated. He lost points for trying to brag. I saw Sam's left eye twitch as she growled, and I tried to calm her down until she sent a glare at me. I backed away. I knew better than to try.

We met up with Tucker at the last hole, and he started to swing. Tucker gasped as the ball disappeared. I smiled to myself. "That's one..." Sam started to say. The ball disappeared again for the second time as Tucker swung and I started giggling.

"And two!" I joined with her.

"Three!" We both said together. "Four..." This time, Tucker swung at the grass. "And...five!"

"Hah!" I said,  and we heard Tucker growling. He grabbed at the golf ball, but it disappeared again.

We couldn't see Danny, but we heard him say, "Boo!~" Tucker yelped.

"Danny, knock it off!" Tucker yelled.

"Yeah!" Sam agreed.

"You were supposed to be here like an hour ago!" I glared at him, then I sent a teasing look at Tucker. "By the way, that still counts."