Chapter 37: The Spectra Heist

*Danny's POV*

As my dad snored, I did what I could do without going ghost around him. I grabbed the crate full of bait, and threw it out towards the oncoming missiles. The force of the blast rocked our boat backwards for a bit, and water splashed over us. "Rain?" dad mumbled to himself, lifting up his hat. "Better cover the nachos!"

He lowered down to the floor of the boat and I looked over to see Skulker flying towards us. I crouched down and gripped both sides of the boat and said, "Sorry about this, dad." I ended up tipping the boat over and I could hear the splash of the bullets pelting through the water from underneath. When the boat sunk, I changed into my ghost form and emerged from the waters. 

"Hey, ugly!" I shouted after Skulker. My right hand glowed green and I shot out an ecto-blast at him. "You're scaring the fish!"

Skulker ascended and released a claw from his hand. "I don't fish, I hunt!" he said, and a blue orb came flying at me. I screeched to a stop in a panic, but then the orb surrounded by electricity knocked me back onto shore. 

I turned from the ground and faced him. "What do you want, Skulker?" I asked as he floated in front of me. 

"My girlfriend says I'm a lousy hunter." Skulker said. "Maybe hanging your pelt on my wall will change her mind..."

"Wow." I commented.

"Frightened now?"

"No, I can't believe you have a girlfriend." 

Skulker pouted at me. "Now that just plain hurts."

"Not as much as this!" I said, breaking off the claw with my foot. Skulker had a blank look on his face, and I whirled around to roundhouse kick him into a tree. He hit his head face first into the tree, and a bird's nest with a few eggs fell down on his head. He looked away when the mother bird came squawking at him, and her claws were stretched out. I smiled when Skulker ran away from the mother bird, and hurried to make sure dad was okay.

"Danny!" Dad called out, looking around frantically. 

I dove into the waters before he could see me and I changed back. "It's cool, dad." I answered, popping my head out of the water, waving at him. "I'm alright."

"Danny!" He happily said, and then got slapped in the face with a fish in his overalls. I watched as the fish continued slapping him, and he tried to grasp onto it, but failed. The fish scurried away into the lake. He looked at me and held up his hands close together, "Repeat after me: It was this big."

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Ember had a concert going off in the middle of the park, and the women were cheering. "I bet every other women in town is under Ember's musical mind control!" I said as Sam and Jazz followed me down the street. 

"Those ghosts are up to something." Jazz said, and I tilted my head at her. 

"No kidding." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, what was your first clue?" Sam asked. 

"All the men vanished?" I teased and Sam was trying not to laugh. 

"Go ahead you two and hide behind that layer of unappealing sarcasm." Jazz glared at us. "This Ghost Getter is taking action."

"What are you going to do?" Sam asked. "Think of a really lame name for the ghost, too?"

Instead, Jazz led us inside of the house where our parents were wielding tools together. "Mom?" I asked. "Have you been downstairs this entire day with Mrs. Fenton?"