Chapter 71: The Hero He Used to Be

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Tucker, Sam, (Y/n)!" Danny called out to us as he coughed. We were standing frozen in shock as the robot Technus created wheeled towards us. We held our hands over our heads and braced for impact while screaming, but then the wheels started screeching.

"Huh?" Danny and Technus said confused.

We looked over to see three guys in red suits behind the Car-puter dead in its tracks, with its wheels spinning. There was a rope attached to its leg by an ecto-gun. "Yo, I got it Vid!" A male shouted in a husky voice.

"Awesome, Thrash!" the red-headed girl complimented beside him. "Take it, Download!"

The Car-puter got sucked inside what appeared to be a portable thermos into his wrist. Sam, Tucker and I exchanged odd looks, trying to figure out what just happened. "Downloaded!" Download whooped.

"Uh, who are those guys?" I asked.

"I dunno..." Sam said cautiously.

"Those are the coolest jumpsuits I've ever seen!" Tucker exclaimed as the trio in red high fived each other. We felt someone looming over us with a glare and we turned to Danny after I elbowed Tucker in the ribs. "Uh...Except yours, of course! Black is very slimming." I rolled my eyes as Tucker winced and Danny continued to glare down at him.

"Adolescents?" Technus questioned as he looked at the kids in red jumpsuits. "How dare you!" We saw a crowd coming together to see what the ruckus was about. The girl named Vid held up her wrist ray and shot out portable flying discs at Technus. "And another thing, the high tech look is my bit!" The discs sank right through his chest and he yelled out in pain when it shocked him.

Download held out his arm again to suck Technus in his portable thermos like he did earlier with the Car-puter. He zapped him, and Technus screamed in defeat. "Ghost guy gone." Download said as red smoke escaped. "Area's safe. Have a righteous day."

"Master's Blasters stops disasters!" the trio came together to chant with their fists in the air. They took a victory pose and everyone that showed up crowded them and cheered.

Vid pressed a button on her high tech watch to project a hologram of Vlad in the air. "Greetings, citizens." Vlad said, and I clenched my fists. "I hope you've enjoyed this presentation of Amity Park's newest teen ghost fighting team, Masters' Blasters."

"Master's Blasters?" The four of us asked slowly.

"As mayor, I provided city funding for this top notch troop." Vlad said, and a few pieces of technology appeared on screen. "Equipped with the latest teen technology, they're going to stop ghosts and succeed where Danny Phantom has so obviously failed." 

"Teen ghost fighters?" Sam asked.

"Teen technology?" Tucker also asked.

"Where Danny Phantom has so obviously-" Danny started to say and I finished with, "-Failed?" We both crossed our arms together.

"My plan is very simple, out with the old and in with the new!" Vlad explained. "And the old should give up now now if he knows what's good for him." It was like Vlad could see us, and I could see Danny snarling with his hands clenched into fists as the projector disappeared. We watched the trio in red jumpsuits bolt out of here in their vehicle that was similar to our RV, but ten times better...

"If Vlad's funding them, then they're definitely up to something." Danny muttered.

"Hmm, they can't fight ghosts if there are no ghosts to fight, right?" Sam asked and I looked at her with a grin.