Epilogue: Ten Years Later

(A/n: I had another 'what if' situation, and this idea was all mine. :D Please enjoy!)

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Ten years. It's been ten years since the Disasteroid, and honestly, I felt like I won the lottery. In the last five years, Danny Fenton and I married at the age of nineteen. We couldn't really wait until after our senior year or until we were in college. We wanted to start somewhere together. 

Danny and I were really happy. We have a half-ghost daughter who's twenty-two, kicking butt and taking after her father. We have friends. Our friendship with Sam and Tucker and others are lasting a lifetime. 

Then, we have enemies. Every once in a while, old enemies would come and go. They'd be taking me hostage, or Danielle hostage, and my husband would be there to rescue us. 

Take right now, for instance. 

In the Ghost Zone, we were back and ready to fight together again. On the flip side, Sam and Tucker were waiting for our safe return, hoping to close the Ghost Portal on their end when we come back. The Ghost Portal since five years ago has been acting strange, like it's been sputtering out - or should I say, flickering out. We had to time it perfectly, or we disappear forever inside the Ghost Zone. We don't know where we disappear to, but I can definitely say it's not good. We did have our doubts that we'd disappear into existence. 

So, give or take, it takes maybe less than thirty minutes to stay in the Ghost Zone. 

Timing is crucial. 

"Okay, guys!" I heard Sam shout into the Fenton Phones. "Less than fifteen minutes!"

"You guys have got to return the Infi-map to Frostbite now or we can't get you back." Tucker instructed. "I don't wanna know what's gonna happen if we can't get you three back home."

I had my hands at the Specter Speeder's wheel and grinned up at Danny who was in his new and improved ghost suit and said, "Let's hit it! Danny, you two go after the old man - I mean Vlad. I'll catch up!"

He nodded at me and I realized it was just him.

"Dani?" I asked, pressing the button on the Fenton Phones, "Dani, sweetheart? Are you out there?"

All I heard was crackling sounds at the end of the receiver. 

"Dani, come in, Dani?" I repeated, but I winced.

"What's wrong, (Y/n)?" Danny asked me. He didn't move forward like I told him to. Instead, he turned to face me with a concerned look on his face. 

"Where's Dani?" 

"She's right here, isn't she-?" Danny gestured to the side, and then he gasped. He looked around worriedly. "Danielle?" 

"Goth girl to Ghost girl." Sam said. "What's the hold up? You two have ten minutes now." 

I ignored her, and instead pressed my foot on the pedal inside the Specter Speeder. It was not a priority to answer back for me. Instead, I just flew around to look, making sure I didn't miss any corners. Where was my baby? I turned the Specter Speeder around and looked at Danny who shrugged. He floated towards me and phased through the vehicle. There, he sat down. 

I looked outside the dome of the vehicle to see several ghosts roaming about. They flew past doors of realms and I couldn't see Danielle anywhere. "Danny..." I said. "Do you think Vlad-?"

"No, he wouldn't have." Danny said, giving me a smile. "Plus, it's been ten years. Ten years since Danielle's DNA had made her turn into goop. She's perfectly stable. Remember, she's got our DNA. Your DNA made her stronger."

"Where could Dani be?" I asked, and Danny shrugged. 

"Let's just calm down, and look around. We still have ten minutes." Danny said. "We don't wanna waste any time. Plus, we're near the Far Frozen and we need to bring the Infi-map back to Frostbite. That's our goal. Maybe she's gone back home."

I didn't say anything, but bite my lip. I felt Danny take my hand in his, and I started driving back on course. I looked over to see the marriage rings on our fingers and it gave me hope. I don't know why it did, but it did. Danielle was our daughter. If anything happened to her, I'd take care of Vlad myself. 

I should probably explain why we were in the Ghost Zone in the first place. 

We needed to return to the Far Frozen realm to return the Infi-map to Frostbite, again. For the billionth time, Vlad's been trying to seize the Infi-map from Frostbite so he could rule other realms and steal what wasn't his. It felt like a broken record to me, honestly. 

"Danny," I said, interlacing my fingers with his. "What if Vlad-"

"(Y/n), like I said. We've got a rhythm to these things, remember?" Danny reassured. "Listen, we go to Frostbite. Drop off the map. We go home and hope to find Danielle in her bedroom."

"You mean Jazz's bedroom." I teased. "Ever since Jazz moved out, and our parents went on a cross country road trip together, Danielle pretty much claimed that as her own."

"You have to stop worrying so much, honey." Danny said, and I blushed. It still gave me goosebumps whenever he'd give me lovable names. "I'm sure she's fine-"

"Mom, dad!" Danielle shouted from afar, but we couldn't see her. I pressed the brakes so hard that it made me and Danny jolt forward. "Turn around!"

"Danielle?!" We looked up and shouted. 

"Where are you?" I asked, standing up after putting the vehicle in park. 

"Danny, (Y/n), just so you know, you both have less than FIVE minutes." Sam said, making me jump. "If you guys don't get back here right now, we have to close the Portal before it sputters out again!"

"Then do it!" I shouted back, and Danny looked at me in shock. "Listen, Sam. I get it, you know what you're talking about, but we just can't seem to find Danielle anywhere!"

"What?" She asked in a panic. "Okay, we'll hold off the Ghost Portal from closing as much as we can-"

"Stop!" I heard Danielle shriek. "Let me go!" 

"Danny, inside the cave!" I said, pointing to the Far Frozen realm.

"Stay here, (Y/n), I'll save her." Danny said. I nodded and he rushed out of the Specter Speeder to the cave and left me back here. There are times like this where I really wished I had ghost powers. I wouldn't have to sit and wait, knowing that both my babies are getting hurt.

I looked at the clock on the dashboard of the vehicle and saw that we had less than four minutes left. "(Y/n)!" Tucker panicked in my ear. 

"I got her!" Danny shouted, coming out with Danielle who was all bruised up and unconscious. He held her by her arms and I looked at Danielle, who's head was dropped to her shoulder. He phased through the Specter Speeder and changed back to normal. Danielle was also in her human form, but her eyes were closed shut. "(Y/n), step on it!"

I nodded and turned the Specter Speeder around. We had two minutes left. I put my hand on the lever to push it forward to throttle the engines and we sped out of there. 

Finally, we had one minute to spare and I could see the Ghost Portal waiting for us. "Fourty seconds!" Sam shouted. It took a while to reach it, but I made it in time. I did, however, lose control of the steering wheel so we made a bad crash landing inside the lab. Danny held onto me and Danielle and turned us all invisible. We were ejected out and the vehicle skidded to a stop. 

We looked over to the Ghost Portal that was flickering and it had bolts of electricity emitting from it. Then, it shut down.

I had Danielle on my lap and Danny was sitting in front of me. We were both trying to get Danielle's attention, trying to figure out what really happened.