Chapter 8: King Tuck

After a few weeks had past, it was election time at school for the student council. Danny, Sam and I were on either sides of Tucker's platform who was running for president. We were sort of acting as his managers. We even had hats on that represented Tucker, and were handing out fliers. In which...no one was taking. 

"If elected, I promise to-" Tucker started to say and a group of students walked past us. Then he pulled out a scanner. "Can I scan your vote?" He threw out the scanner to pull out his PDA. "Digitize your vote for Tucker?" Another student walked past and he frowned. A ticket popped out from the PDA and it read, yes. He tore it off, and handed it to one of the students that arrived. The student in front caught it, and balled it up, throwing it aside before walking away. Tucker sighed, "How can I run a campaign for student council president when no one is listening to me?!"

Off to the side, Danny and I were flirting with each other, and were giggling until Tucker glared at us. I poked at Danny and he turned to Tucker. "What was that?" Danny asked.

"Did you say something?" I asked, almost innocently. 

He growled in frustration and hopped off the platform. 

"You're just going about this the wrong way, Tucker!" Sam said, holding up one of the fliers.

"Yeah, your campaign is all about victory through technology." Danny said. 

"And the triumph of machine over man." I said, walking up to them. "It's kind of creepy, don't you think?"

Sam walked over to Tucker to hand him a new flier. "So, we changed your lame campaign platform." He took it and read aloud the quotes.

"Grafiti art classes?" Tucker read. "Rage against the PTA meetings? Mini skirt Fridays? Okay, that's good."

I rolled my eyes at Danny who said, "Yeah, that one was mine."

"But it's not what I told you to write!" Tucker frowned. "I wanna have my voice heard. Not yours." He shoved the paper back to Danny who glared.

"Okay, okay, your voice coming up." Danny said, and the three of us walked away annoyed. 

"Thank you." He said, then he turned to the rest of the students who walked past and greeted himself. "And what's it take to get listened to around here?!"

"Hey everybody, gather around!" Dash said, and Tucker looked over to his platform. He pressed his fist against the palm of his hand. "Or the football team will pound you! The theme of my campaign is..."Who cares about what Foley has to say!" He ripped the photo of Tucker in half. No one had a reaction, so instead, Dash took the liberty of pounding his fist against the palm of his hand again to get everyone to cheer for him.

As we heard the campaign off to the side, Tucker hurried over to us in panic. We were by the tree side, and I leaned against Danny as we were writing. "Danny, listen-" Tucker said.

"Not now, Tucker!" Danny said. "I'm busy writing your voice." He pulled out the paper and showed it to Sam. "Would Tucker say it like that?"

"How about this?" I asked, showing mine to her as well.

She took my paper first and read it. "A little more nerd and a little less suave. You give him too much credit, (Y/n)." Sam said with a smile.

"Yeah, you're right." I said, taking the paper back. "He wouldn't say it."

Then, beside me, Danny gasped. I managed to notice the blue smoke coming out from his mouth. Everyone at the school was screaming and running away from a big ghost monster that had a large tail whipping at a student. It roared and turned to face us. 

We all stood up, and Danny shouted, "I'm going ghost-! Ah!" I ducked when the tail whipped at Danny who flew away with the tree behind us. The tree landed on him on its side and I gasped.

Then, the monster growled at the three of us, and moved closer. We backed away as it chomped its teeth down. We ended up screaming, running back towards Danny and jumped over the tree with him. I poked out from the tree as the monster walked away. "Wow," I said, and Danny looked at me. "I never saw that one coming."

"Me neither." Sam said beside me. 

"Well, I did!" Tucker said, poking out beside her.

"Well, geeze, Tucker." Danny glared at him. "Why didn't you say something?"

~~~

Later that day, we had a field trip to the science museum. There was an exhibit of the Treasures of King Duul Aman, a pharaoh where Mr. Lancer was giving the tour guide.

"The treasures of Duul Aman which you see before you, date back over 4,000 years." Mr. Lancer explained from a script. 

"Duul Aman?" Tucker joked. "As in, man, is this dull?" He looked around and noticed that no one laughed. Instead, his classmates just stared blankly at him. 

Then, when Dash made the same joke, no one laughed either until he punched his hand. Danny, next to me, was holding my hand and he looked at me and Sam. "The way I see it, Tucker had to take the jock vote away from Dash." Danny said to us. 

"Right!" I said.

"While not alienating his social misfit-slash-geek base." Sam said. 

Tucker angrily walked up to us. "Here's an idea," he said. "How about you let me make my own decisions, and listen to me while I talk to you!" We all gasped as we took a look at an art canvas behind him. "Oh come on, at least look at me." 

"We are!" Danny said. 

"Behold," Mr. Lancer waved his hand at the canvas. "King Duul Aman."

"Now that, is one snappy-looking dude!" Tucker said, turning back to us with a smile. 

"Wow," I said, "Tucker. You look like a king." Then we turned our direction to Mr. Lancer who had his hand waved over to a box display.

"The King's scarab scepter." Mr. Lancer said. "The secrets of his dark magic are lost to the ages. The mummified remains of the pharaohs minion Hotep Ra - ancient legend holds that he will return when the King's image reflects anew in his sacred mirror."

Once he finished, Mr. Lancer guided us down the hallway and we followed, leaving Tucker speechless. "Hey," Kwan said, walking up to Tucker. "Why don't you look into the mirror, Foley? Either you get a minion or another zit on your forehead?!" He tapped on the forehead and slapped him before walking away in satisfaction. 

"What zit?" Tucker asked himself and we watched him walk over to the tomb with the mirror. "I don't see a-" 

When Tucker looked through the mirror of the tomb, the ground rumbled. Tucker backed away a little until he fell on his back. We were all covering our faces as we felt the wind around us pick up. Lights were flashing and we couldn't stay on the ground. The four of us were lifted off the ground and we flew away, yelping. 

"A mummy ghost?" I asked as the tomb opened wide.

"I am risen!" The mummy ghost said. 

"And you're going down!" Danny yelled next to me after he helped me up on my feet. The two rings around him appeared to go ghost and he flew towards the mummy in an attack.