Chapter 52: The Laws of Astrophysics

Suddenly, Dad walked over and the door was wide open. "Danny, come on!" He shouted. "It's time to sit around on our butts and count our money. You know, quality family time." Dad looked at all of us and tilted his heads. "Your girlfriend and your friends all look remarkably similar."

I started to walk away to ignore it all. "Danny!" Tucker called out to me, "The Guys in White are planning to blow up the Ghost Zone with an anti-ecto missile."

I turned to them and smiled, "Relax. I told ya I put a password protected lock on the portal. It's "Open Sesame". Good one, huh?"

(Y/n) walked over to me and frowned, "Once they crack that password, they'll destroy our world along with the Ghost Zone. We've got to stop-"

"Not we, (Y/n), I am done." I glared at her. "I've got it made here. Playing hero takes way too much energy. Or maybe that's just the way you prefer that side of me."

(Y/n) gasped at me and then sent another glare at me. "Danny, you're really ticking me off." She said, and I was starting to get even angrier. I can't believe I was having this sort of lecture. "I love you, and I thought there was something more to you. Something...deeper. I guess I was wrong. I can't believe I fell for both sides of you."

"Go ahead, (Y/n), get ticked off!" I said, snapping my fingers and the robots came by. (Y/n)'s hands clenched into fists. "I've got my robot friends and my new girlfriend to back me up now."

She scoffed a laugh, and turned her head to the side. Sam said, "Fine, but you should know those robots and your so-called girlfriend will never tell you what you really need to hear."

"All I need to hear is game time, dinner time, milkshake time, date time." I said, folding my arms. "And they're programmed to say it."

(Y/n) stomped forward again and walked closer to me. "Then you should program "Chump Time"!" She snapped. "Because you're being a rich, snobby jerk! Come on, guys. We've got a few worlds to save." 

When (Y/n) bumped past me, I started to reach out for her before she left my room, but then Sam and Tucker did the same and walked away from me. I frowned and they were all gone. Tuckbot was laughing, "Chump Time." I glared at Tuckbot. "She is a very funny human." He continued to laugh and I found myself wanting to take my anger out on him, but instead, I got whacked in the head with the beret, and I fell down to the ground again.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Stand back, guys." I said, throwing the grappling hook up to the roof of the Fenton Works. Unfortunately, we heard a thud and someone yelped. 

"Ow!" an agent said, walking over with the hook. 

Sam, Tucker, and I frowned and exchanged looks saying, "Oops..."

We were still frowning at each other even when they handcuffed us to a metal bar in the lab. Our attention turned directly to the Guys in White. "You can't keep us here!" Sam said. "I know the law. I read a graphic novel version of the constitution." 

"We just need you out of the way until we finish our mission." Agent K said.

"You mean destroying the world?" I asked, angrily.

"Part of it, yes. The nasty ghost infested part. Won't that be nice."

"But you're wrong!" Sam said. "If you destroy the Ghost Zone you also destroy-"

"Hey." He held up a hand at Sam and we went silent. "Kids. Lighten up. We're the good guys. We wear white, remember?"

We heard an error alarm go off and we turned to one of the agents at the computers. "Well, the password does not include the word Jack, Fenton, Maddie or World's Best Mom." Agent L said. "What about her parents? Aren't her parents also involved with ghost researching?"

"Have you tried anything that involved her, then?" Agent K asked and he shook his head. "Then, try anything. Keep trying. Don't let these meddling kids slow us down."

"Cool!" Tucker exclaimed. "I've always wanted to be called a meddling kid."

"Super..." Sam sighed.

"Now you can die happy." I rolled my eyes.

~~~

*Danny's POV*

I headed for the elevator to look around for my parents and Jazz in the mansion. I looked around and my voice echoed, "Hello?"

"Care for a shake?" Hobson asked with a tray in his hand.

"No thanks, Hobson." I said, feeling sad. "No appetite..."

"Forgive me, Master Daniel." Hobson said. "You seem a tad...bummed. Did your milkshake straw become clogged?"

"I'm just going through some stuff with (Y/n)..." I said, walking away. 

"Perhaps a rousing game of Caveman Car Thief would quicken the pulse."

I didn't even have the motivation to do that either. "I've played my games, bought tons of extra junk, counted my money." I shook my head. "Again. It's just not...satisfying."

"Dare I say perhaps there is more to life than wealth, and what do you suppose your purpose might be, Master Daniel?" He asked, and I shoved my hands in my pockets, lowering my head.

"Huh...Lately, um, being a rich, jerky boyfriend." I answered with a chuckle even if that was true.

"Does that feel like the real you?" 

"Not exactly."

"It seems to me that your friends, Sam and Tucker, and your girlfriend (Y/n) knows the real you."

"You think so?" I asked. 

"Certainly more than those two automatons in your room." Hobson walked over with the tray in his hand. "A good friend is like a good butler. Indispensable and loyal for life."

He made me smile at that and I said, "Thanks Hobson. Um, there's something the real me needs to help out with. Later!" I started hurrying off, until I came back in the next second, grabbing the milkshake. "Suddenly got my appetite back." 

"Way to get your butler in gear, sir!" I heard Hobson cheer for me as I headed towards my parents' new lab.

~~~

"Dad?" I called out, but not even my parents were around. "Is the new portal fini-?" I turned to see the Reality Drill breaking through the new portal behind me. "Huh? Where is everybody?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Fenton have gone to the movie theater." an A.I voice said on the machine. 

"Reality Drill." I said, hurrying over. "I need to get to the Ghost Zone, quick. What's your ETA on breaking through?" 

"Ghost Zone? Breaking through?"

"Yeah, you're a drill! You're drilling to get to the Ghost Zone." I pointed at the drill in front. "Remember?" Then, I looked at the side of the machine that stated, "For novelty purposes only". "Wait, you're not really a Reality Drill?"

"No." It answered. "But I make a mean ecto-latte." I started to feel ticked off as the machine handed me a cup of latte that was filled with a green ecto-foam inside.

"Good purchase, dad." I grumbled. However, I didn't take the latte. Instead, I ran off, leaped and flipped into the air to transform into my ghost form. I was mad all over again, but more mad at myself, knowing that (Y/n) was right all along. I flew towards town and headed to my house where all the Guys in White stood, guarding by. "Whoa...It's a Guys in White invasion force!" 

One of the agents looked at me straight in the eye and glared. He pulled out an ecto-gun and I hurried away. I looked to where he shot a ball of ecto-energy and saw a pipe on top of a house disintegrate. He was joined with a few other agents, and I gasped, backing away some. I turned invisible, knowing I was unable to dodge all of their attacks. 

I phased through the tree and moved backwards again, hiding behind a billboard on top of a roof. "I'll never get past them." I said to myself. "Stopping the missile from inside the Ghost Zone is still my best bet, and there's only one way I could think of to get in."